Looking forward to some good conversations.

Pete from MN

Reaction score
First name
Pete
Hi. I just found out about this site from the wood database. Looks like something I would be very interested in participating in. I JUST retired a week ago from a software job. I have been doing woodworking over the last three years in a much bigger way than previously in my life. That kept me (relatively) sane while finishing my last few years on the job.

I make cutting boards, or as many call them, art boards, as well as other small projects. I have made choreadors (goggle it) and most recently began making cribbage boards. I sell at art and craft shows, when we aren't in the middle of a pandemic. Photo of my most recent cribbage board and a couple other boards attached.

Looking forward to virtually meeting many of you in the future.

IMG_20200731_133719094.jpg

IMG_20190427_193028445.jpg

IMG_20200510_185146713.jpg

Wildthings

ASTROS '23 ALCS CHAMPIONS runnerup
Reaction score
First name
Barry
Welcome from SE Texas. That last board crossed my eyes.

OK I googled it but still don't know what it is?

Last edited:

Pete from MN

Reaction score
First name
Pete
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A choreador is the traditional way coffee is brewed in Costa Rica. It's basically a pourover coffee maker, but because it is wood, you can have some real beauty in the kitchen.

Pete from MN

Reaction score
First name
Pete
This was the first one I made. It is Russian Olive wood. Coffee goes in the bag/filter, put a cup underneath, and pour hot water over it.

20200731_210428.jpg

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Pete, Welcome from South Texas! Some nice work man, I'm liking it! @Wildthings ,it's basically a paint strainer!! :sarcastic: Tony

Pete from MN

Reaction score
First name
Pete
No insult taken. It's a fun thought, and example of how similar concepts appear in very different contexts. And you could probably make a pretty decent cup of coffee from a paint strainer!

Gdurfey

Reaction score
First name
Garry
Welcome from Colorado Pete, sure glad you found us. Couple of the folks have gotten hooked on chaos cutting boards and you can search the threads for them. Like the others, that last board is great. I also admire all cribbage boards.
Congrats on retirement. I run a software group for the Air Force. Can’t quite count the days, but getting close.

T. Ben

Reaction score
First name
Troy
Thanks Ben. Never been to Fairfax, but I've been to New Ulm quite a few times. What kind of wood working do you do?
My name is Troy,I mostly turn pens,and small items,but have tried a few other things. I’m venturing a little farther into woodworking. We are 20 miles or so from new ulm.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
WELCOME! From Michigan. :welcome2:
Nice boards. :good2::cool:

Pete from MN

Reaction score
First name
Pete
Thank you Francisco. Looked at your website. This is the first time I have seen a source of desert ironwood in any form. Beautiful wood. In Minnesota and midwest, we have a wood called Ironwood. Real name is Hophornbeam. We had it on the farm when i was growing up. Have finally found some of it in lumber form so i have been playing with it. It's pretty wood, but not near as striking as desert ironwood.

Maverick

Reaction score
First name
John
Welcome from SoCa. Enjoy the forum. Great place to learn and share woodworking experiences.

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
Another California welcome! Can't wait to see pics of more of your creations. Chuck