Looking, maybe it's here, but anyway...

Alan Sweet

Friendly Wizard
Reaction score
First name
Alan
What I was wondering, is having a some forum some place called "Formulas and recipes" You can find Formulas and recipes scattered among various forums. But what I was thinking was recipes for various approaches or wood treatments or finish formulas. Some place that can be used as a reference or help in generating a particular effect. Primarily, members could give some step by step instruction on something.
Maybe it's sufficient now as it is, but it would certainly be help to me.

Let me know if I'm just missing a way to use the forums.

NYWoodturner

Wood Spinner
Reaction score
First name
Scott
Anyone else have any thoughts on this? I think its a good idea if there is enough participation. 4 or 5 recipes wouldn't be worth dedicating another forum to it. It would be beneficial to all disciplines of woodworking.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Anyone else have any thoughts on this? I think its a good idea if there is enough participation. 4 or 5 recipes wouldn't be worth dedicating another forum to it. It would be beneficial to all disciplines of woodworking.

I need to look around next week to find some.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Rats. Sorry. I forgot all about this. I was just cleaning out my old saved emails and this was at the bottom, outa sight outa mind.
I'll get to it.....

TimR

Sawdust Engineer
Reaction score
First name
Tim
Seems like the finishing forum is right place. Mods could always sticky it for a while to see if other recipes flow into it before letting it go down the list naturally.