• A New Photo Gallery Has Been Added!!! Please share pictures of your finished projects in the New Photo Gallery for everyone to enjoy browsing. The New Photo Gallery is for FINISHED PROJECTS ONLY!! The New Photo Gallery section was created to give people a place to view photos without having to read through all the threads. Enjoy everyone and please contribute!

Lumber stock pile.

Nubsnstubs

Where is it???
Reaction score
First name
Jerry
Click on the link below. Looks like a lot of lumber that needs to hit the market. I wonder if it's like that at other Lumber mills?

......... Jerry (in Tucson)

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Maybe but as huge and as diversified as lumber industry else, my guess is there is no way you could get all players to cooperate. And if you have a product that is selling at high price and high demand production goes up. Watched the train below my house run once a day each way for 30 years. 2011 5 cars out maybe and 5 cars back with lumber. They skipped some days then. Now 30-50 cars out. 30-50 full of lumber back each day. One mill. Running full bore. 3 shifts.
And huge risk storing lumber at high point. If price falls, they lose.
Also some mills air dry or partially air dry. . I think narrator knows about as much about mills and their economics as I know about brain surgery....