Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Don't have one, but came close to buying the .45 once. Nice guns.

Maverick

Reaction score
First name
John
My dad has one and likes it. I don't have any personal experience with it.

gman2431

Reaction score
First name
cody
I have one. Its a good little carry gun but not something I consider fun to just shoot. I prefer my full size pistols for that.

bluedot

Reaction score
First name
Dan
Fine gun that is fun to shoot. You should look at the Shield EZ in 380 or 9mm.

bluedot

Reaction score
First name
Dan
The EZ slide can be pulled with minimal effort and the magazine has an assist knob to aid in loading. I have a couple of older friends (I love saying that these days) that could not operate a regular slide but have no trouble with the EZ

Bean_counter

Reaction score
First name
Michael
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The EZ slide can be pulled with minimal effort and the magazine has an assist knob to aid in loading. I have a couple of older friends (I love saying that these days) that could not operate a regular slide but have no trouble with the EZ
Good to know. I don’t think I’d have a hard time racking the slide. I think I’ve decided on the 1st gen M&P it’s about $120 Cheaper.

Wildthings

ASTROS '23 ALCS CHAMPIONS runnerup
Reaction score
First name
Barry
OK y'all are gonna make me spend some money! My wife needs a pistol that's very easy to rack and this may fit the cause!!

El Guapo

Reaction score
First name
Andrew
It’s difficult finding anything in 9mm right now without paying outrageous prices. Are you wanting for concealed carry? Lots of great compact 9mms out there with easy to manipulate slides. I know a lot of people like the M&P Shield. Springfield XDs are another popular choice In that price range. I’m a big fan of the Glock 43. It is a single stack, so a bit thinner than the other glocks. I also really like the Sig P938... very easily concealable, and I find it easy to control despite the very small frame (possibly due to the weight of the steel frame rather than polymer). Prices on those have dropped ever since Sig came out with the P365, which was Sig’s answer to the Glock 43. Lots of great options out there, actual inventory is just so scarce right now.

TXMoon

Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Depends on how 'sub' you want. I like the CZ P-01 which I guess is more compact than sub. There's also a few good 9mm 1911 sub-compacts out there too.

Never mind, ignore this, read my next post.

Last edited:

TXMoon

Reaction score
First name
Kevin
My wife needs a pistol that's very easy to rack and this may fit the cause!!
Then she needs to go to the store and try them all out. Find out which ones fit her hand (comfortable), and she can rack the slide. We all have our likes and dislikes but it boils down to what she can, and will go out and shoot.

Bean_counter

Reaction score
First name
Michael
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@El Guapo I ended up getting the shield which I will use for my conceal. So far I am happy with it and fits my small hands fine. Grips are nice as well and looking to get an extension for the mag to get another round in it.

El Guapo

Reaction score
First name
Andrew
@El Guapo I ended up getting the shield which I will use for my conceal. So far I am happy with it and fits my small hands fine. Grips are nice as well and looking to get an extension for the mag to get another round in it.
The pinky extension can do a lot to give you extra control on small frame pistols.

Last edited: