• A New Photo Gallery Has Been Added!!! Please share pictures of your finished projects in the New Photo Gallery for everyone to enjoy browsing. The New Photo Gallery is for FINISHED PROJECTS ONLY!! The New Photo Gallery section was created to give people a place to view photos without having to read through all the threads. Enjoy everyone and please contribute!

Maple burl chunk for other burls or odd ones

RexB

Sweet Gum natural edge bowl
Reaction score
First name
Rex
I have an approx 40 pound chunk of maple burl that I don't want to cut up as I believe someone with more experience can turn it or create an awesome something with it. It is dry.
I have 2 punky spots about an inch or so on the bottom. There are more pictures, just can't load them. Happy to add them, if I can.
I'm willing to trade for other kinds of burl for bowls or stabilized bowls, please no knife scales.
Mail cost is about $45 in continental US.
I have health issues so may not answer same day, my apologies. Also only continental US.

20210420_143029.jpg

20210420_143243.jpg

20210420_143221.jpg

20210420_143029.jpg

20210420_143105.jpg

20210420_143341.jpg

Tim Carter

Reaction score
First name
Tim
Rex,
I live in Delray Beach and am very interested in your burl. I have a lot of woods from S. Fla. including mahogany, norfolk island pine, sea grape, tropical almond, camphor, oak burl, mango burl, holly, buttonwood, bottlebrush burl, australian pine burl and east indian rosewood. I also have several cherry burls. Let me know if anything is of interest.
Thanks!
Tim

Last edited:

RexB

Reaction score
First name
Rex
I would be interested in what burls you have. Do you have any bowl/platter burl and would be glad to trade with you. Can you message me and we can try to meet ?

Tim Carter

Reaction score
First name
Tim
Yes, all of the burls, except the bottlebrush, are bowl/platter size. The mango and australian pine burls are very solid. The oak and cherry burls have some punky/soft areas but they have a lot of good wood in them. My schedule this week is pretty full but next week is open. Is there any chance you're planning to come down this way anytime soon?

RexB

Reaction score
First name
Rex
I have to drive to Miami in next 2 weeks to visit family so is that within your time frame?