Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Kevin said:
Paul if there's E30 atoms in one body how can there only be E50 in the planet and everything on it? :unknown:

Well, E50 is this many times bigger than E30:

So that's a lot of room for all the people and rocks and water and stuff

Knotholeexoticwood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
First name
Rick
phinds said:
Kevin said:
Paul if there's E30 atoms in one body how can there only be E50 in the planet and everything on it? :unknown:

Well, E50 is this many times bigger than E30:

So that's a lot of room for all the people and rocks and water and stuff

Read up on how they made samuri swords you will understand what I am talking about.

phinds

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Knotholeexoticwood said:
Read up on how they made samuri swords you will understand what I am talking about.

Yes, I'm familiar with that process. Here's a quote from Wikipedia
The most useful process is the folding, where the metals are forge welded, folded, and welded again, as many as 16 times.

Your "thousands of times" is nonsense. Perhaps you are confused because folding 16 times would produce 65,000 layers. The number of layers and the number of foldings are NOT the same thing.

Knotholeexoticwood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
First name
Rick
Twig Man said:
I have removed some very old bails from a heartpine beam and would like to have a knife made from them using the heartpine as the knife sacales as well. Does anyone on the forum have the capabilities of melting these nails down and making a knife blank?

The guy that ever one is making fun is going to help you to make a knife out of it. The longest spike you have is the best one to use. Find or if you have a bigger torch with # 2 tanks and a #2 rose bud heating tip heat your spike till it glows cherry orange to yellow and on a heavy flat plate and a flat nose hammer flatten your metal till you get the thickness and width you what. Take a flat bar stock of harden tool steel stock grind bevels on both pieces to the middle at 35 degrees take and tig weld your two pieces together with a high tensle strength filler rod. Take and grind to shape and put a edge on the tool steel end. Now you have a knife that will hold a edge and is not brittle because pig iron is soft Which is what the spike is made of. Need help let me know I made them at work for fun to see if I could do it. I'll help you and not make fun of you.

Cody Killgore

Reaction score
First name
Cody
I think the best way to do this would be to make a laminated blade as was suggested. I might could do it depending on the size of the nails, but it would not be real cheap.

Cody

Cody Killgore

Reaction score
First name
Cody
goslin99 said:
I see yyou shortened your reply. I'm glad I got to read it before you did. Good stuff.

:lolol: Yessir. I typed up all that stuff and sat back and realized that the OP is not going to care about that at all (okay maybe a little, but it was a bit much). Oh well. Thanks though. At least someone read it before I deleted my 20 minutes of typing :morning2: