Milling 3 big oaks

JerseyHighlander

Reaction score
First name
Kyle
Nice mill and logs/lumber. Did you clean the sawdust off the grass after you were done? I have a few logs milled by a guy and he put a tarp down first to catch all the sawdust. When he was done he just rolled it up and scouped the sawdust into the trash.
Trash? It's one of the best soil supplements you could want. I spread it around my gardens and mix it into my compost pile profusely.

JerseyHighlander

Reaction score
First name
Kyle
When I was in the suburbs, I guess I might have done the same thing, maybe. Living in the country, can't imagine it but there are so many constructive uses for it.

1) outstanding cat litter, & free -- Don't have cats? Friends/neighbors? Local animal shelter?
2)Gardens/compost/lawn
3)throw it on the icy steps in the winter for traction
4)Best traction aid ever for a car stuck in the snow, always had a bag of it in the trunk of my 2 wheel drive cars.
5)Never buy Speedy-Dry again for cleaning up spilled motor oil/paint etc.
6)Burn it in the woodstove/firepit
7)Teach the kids how to make rudimentary paper/cardboard. Yah, I'm stretching now.
8)Wood Gasifier science projects.

djg

Reaction score
First name
Dan
Trash? It's one of the best soil supplements you could want. I spread it around my gardens and mix it into my compost pile profusely.
It was a figure of speech. The point was to easily pick it up and dispose of it (any way one would like) is to put a tarp down first. As I said, my splitter trash goes in the trash or burn pile and my noodles into my flower beds.

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
It was a figure of speech. The point was to easily pick it up and dispose of it (any way one would like) is to put a tarp down first. As I said, my splitter trash goes in the trash or burn pile and my noodles into my flower beds.
Noodles?

djg

Reaction score
First name
Dan
When I cut my firewood, some rounds are too big to lift into my trailer. So, I cut the round in half with the grain. The ripping actions causes long wood fibers to come out that they call noodles. Same as in making bowl blanks.

IMG_9509.JPG

JerseyHighlander

Reaction score
First name
Kyle
To each his own... If everybody did everything just like me, I wouldn't be nearly so "special". I'm good with being special.