Monster articulated hollowing rig

Buckeyepen

Reaction score
First name
Brent
I recently purchased a monster articulated hollowing rig second hand as the company is no longer in business. Does anyone know if there is any type of literature or general use for set up and use. It is pretty straight forward but I still like to read about it and there might be some set up points that one might miss. There is only one YouTube video that I found. I just got parts to set up video hollowing since it had laser issues I have heard. If you have any info on it I would appreciate it or tell me where to go as I have not found anything online and company is no more.

thanks

Brent

2DCAF786-219E-4E77-B322-1B06A9692932.jpeg

Karl_TN

Reaction score
First name
Karl
Consider posting a pic of the entire Monster setup since the one above doesn't show the business end. Also, try seeing if some long time turners over at the AAW Forum have any ideas, or search the forum archives.

General Tip: Have a steady rest if you plan on hollowing long items like a tall vase.

Curiosity question: What camera setup did you get to go with this rig?

Patrude

Reaction score
First name
Rich
I dont know but that's one nice heavy duty rig. Best I can think of is scout info off the PC and try google. You might get lucky. Good luck with it

Graybeard

Reaction score
First name
David
I have one too but don't remember getting much in the way of a manual. I believe the original maker was no longer making them and some family stepped in to help but they quickly tired of it. I think the family made mine. I'm happy with it and find it easier to use than the Jamison system.

Buckeyepen

Reaction score
First name
Brent
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Consider posting a pic of the entire Monster setup since the one above doesn't show the business end. Also, try seeing if some long time turners over at the AAW Forum have any ideas, or search the forum archives.

General Tip: Have a steady rest if you plan on hollowing long items like a tall vase.

Curiosity question: What camera setup did you get to go with this rig?

I will take a pic of the whole set up with info on camera and that when it shows up and I set it up. Hopefully this weekend if it ships fast.

DKMD

Sawbones
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
David
I’ve got that system, and it works well for small and medium sized hollow forms. For anything over 9 or 10”, you may want some beefier bars.

I also don’t recall getting any kind of manual, but I’ll look in the file cabinet to see if I have one.