Moving to Ohio!

Bigg081

Connoisseur of Man Glitter
Reaction score
First name
Shane
Sorry I have been radio silent for a bit. Life has been crazy...in a good way. I recently accepted a promotion to an office in the Cleveland, OH area. Getting my brain wrapped around that and having a bunch of family in town for multiple weddings has been an overload.
Excited for what is to come. Hope I get to spin some wood on the lathe in the next few weeks. I move the first week of June and the wife and dogs will follow around the beginning of August. I am sure I will be away from the wood shop for a few months while all the settling is going on.
Anyone ever have issues with moving companies and heavy tools or wood?

CWS

Reaction score
First name
Curt
Sorry I have been radio silent for a bit. Life has been crazy...in a good way. I recently accepted a promotion to an office in the Cleveland, OH area. Getting my brain wrapped around that and having a bunch of family in town for multiple weddings has been an overload.
Excited for what is to come. Hope I get to spin some wood on the lathe in the next few weeks. I move the first week of June and the wife and dogs will follow around the beginning of August. I am sure I will be away from the wood shop for a few months while all the settling is going on.
Anyone ever have issues with moving companies and heavy tools or wood?
Only time I ever moved Uncle Sam did it. And that was a long time ago. Welcome to Ohio. I live in S.E.Ohio so not very close to Cleveland. But if you ever get to visit the Hocking Hills look me up.

kweinert

Reaction score
First name
Ken
The only time I moved with equipment, I loaded it on my brother-in-law's trailer and moved it about 10 miles so I'm not much help there.

Let us know where you end up - every few years I make it back to northern Ohio for a family reunion (Akron/Canton area.)

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Congrats on the promotion. I would ask the moving company about moving your equipment, some wont move heavy tools. Are you moving to a suburb of Cleveland? Great fishing in lake Erie!

barry richardson

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Barry
I've made a few military moves, they contract with Mayflower and the like. If you do a point to point move, i.e. your are there when they load it, and they deliver directly to you're new residence, and you are there as well to receive it; that is the best scenario. If it requires storage for a while, which means it gets loaded, offloaded twice, stuff gets messy, I lost several Items, and had a table saw damaged...

Bigg081

Connoisseur of Man Glitter
Reaction score
First name
Shane
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Congrats on the promotion. I would ask the moving company about moving your equipment, some wont move heavy tools. Are you moving to a suburb of Cleveland? Great fishing in lake Erie!
Thank you. We are looking in the areas around Cleveland. We aren't the full blown city type.