• A New Photo Gallery Has Been Added!!! Please share pictures of your finished projects in the New Photo Gallery for everyone to enjoy browsing. The New Photo Gallery is for FINISHED PROJECTS ONLY!! The New Photo Gallery section was created to give people a place to view photos without having to read through all the threads. Enjoy everyone and please contribute!

Mulberry Burl Round 3 ~\ENDED/~

Albert Kiebert

Reaction score
First name
Albert
OK, 1,2,3&4 SOLD
@Mike Hill is up and sadly, only #5 remains. Please take a look and also let me know about the couple on Round 2 that you asked about, see my comments on post #28....Al

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Never said, don't know for sure. perhaps El Maximus Burlious.
I can send you a piece to inspect/collect if you would like, just send address and what size you need to work with

Thanks for the offer, I got a burl sample from the Delaware Turners Association of what they ID'ed as 'Red mulberry'. I was super amazed how much it shrank and twisted. After I sent them pictures, they sent me a nearly 1" thick over-sized piece that I barely got a sample from after it dried. So was just looking to ad another burled sample if it was a species of burl I lack.

005.JPG 006.JPG 007.JPG 008.JPG

Mike Hill

The Bard of Barbecue
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Ok, I'll play the donkeys tail, bring up the rear and take No 5. But I lost my heart to No 1 !!!! LOL

Last edited:

Mike Hill

The Bard of Barbecue
Reaction score
First name
Mike
I think I'll do those other mulberry R2 also. Remind me of the hickory.

Albert Kiebert

Reaction score
First name
Albert
  • This one Mike. Spalted Maple R3 Post #4
7 - Hickory SOLD 10.5 x 9-11 x 1 1/4-1 1 3/8” Lil Pnky and bug holes first photo left branch $18
IMG_1951.jpg

Mike Hill

The Bard of Barbecue
Reaction score
First name
Mike
O got a couple of boxes yesterday. Have not been able to open them yet, but don't need to - i know they are Purdy wood!