• A New Photo Gallery Has Been Added!!! Please share pictures of your finished projects in the New Photo Gallery for everyone to enjoy browsing. The New Photo Gallery is for FINISHED PROJECTS ONLY!! The New Photo Gallery section was created to give people a place to view photos without having to read through all the threads. Enjoy everyone and please contribute!

Mulberry wood ??

Kentucky clovis

Reaction score
First name
Jason
Anyone on here ever work with mulberry? If so how do you keep the nice orange/yellow color on ? i sawed some a few years ago for a guy and after drying, it oxidized to the chocolate brown ,then he decided i could just keep it, so now i have some 2 1/2 inch slabs do do something with. any thoughts?

phinds

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Last edited:

vegas urban lumber

Reaction score
First name
trev
Anyone on here ever work with mulberry? If so how do you keep the nice orange/yellow color on ? i sawed some a few years ago for a guy and after drying, it oxidized to the chocolate brown ,then he decided i could just keep it, so now i have some 2 1/2 inch slabs do do something with. any thoughts?
i understand that pentacryl, an expensive green wood stabilizer, stands a chance of preserving some of that color

osage orange wood has a similar color and i guess is less likely to alter or fade in color

i have slabbed lots of mullberry landscape removal trees here, and it has always aged to doe brown

here's a table i made with slabs cut from a dead standing mullberry, with center blocks cut from pecky desert willow, on model t axles for legs

IMG_34251.jpg
and another aged slab of mullbery on a vintage craftstman table saw base

IMG9534331.jpg

Last edited:

phinds

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Paul
osage orange wood has a similar color and i guess is less likely to alter or fade in color

????? OO is MUCH worse than mulberry:

1624533219810.png

Last edited: