My after SWAT plans

Nubsnstubs

Where is it???
Reaction score
First name
Jerry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Okie, Dokie, Got AC, finally!. It was the blend gate that was bad. The new one I picked up in Leesville, Louisiana was defective. So, today, I got a new AC control module for free, and a replacement blend gate for free. Not really free as I paid for it in Louisiana, but no cost out of pocket in Missouri.

The Check Engine light went out after the AC controls were put in. It'll be interesting how long it stays off.....

Picked up a new fender for my trailer, and will have that installed by a friend of the friend I'm staying with in Ozark.

My plans are to be on the road on Tuesday, but more likely Wednesday. I'll have a truck load of wood. If any of you want anything, I'll have large Cholla, some of that spalted Hackberry that @Barb and I worked on. I have some Mesquite Burl, Catclaw, Eucalyptus, and possibly some stuff from Missouri. Any interest, please state what you would like before I hit the road.

@trc65, I would like to meet. Are you available on Thursday for a couple hours?? @woodtickgreg, how about Friday for a couple hours also? From there I believe it's south to Ohio to pick up the Flint Ridge Rock. I have about 200 dollars worth awaiting my arrival, but I'll be getting about another 2 hundred bucks worth after arriving in Flint Ridge.

After that, I'll know better when I'll be able to meet @Karda, @Mr. Peet, then onward to my DIL's place. After arriving in Great Barrington, Ma, I'll have a better idea when to meet up with @ripjack13 and @duncsuss. .............. Jerry (in Tucson)

2feathers Creative Making

Reaction score
First name
Frank
I would be interested in a bit of spalted hackberry. Maybe 2 to 3 pcs of firewood size? And ... about that large cholla... what is your trade rate or price? I would love to get at least one chunk to play with!

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
Jerry, anytime is good for me, when you hit the road, let me know, and I'll be waiting. I'll pm you my address and phone.

I'm not looking for anything in particular, but some mesquite burl would be nice to have.

I dont have anything fancy, but if you'd like any black or honey locust, let me know and I'll drop a tree.

Last edited:

Gdurfey

Reaction score
First name
Garry
Where are you @Nubsnstubs???? Just checking on you, should have done this earlier in the week. Know how you get sidetracked when you see a pretty rock or limb along the road!!

I think I can speak for all of us, thanks buddy!! Sure enjoyed the visit. Just way too short!!

2feathers Creative Making

Reaction score
First name
Frank

Nubsnstubs

Where is it???
Reaction score
First name
Jerry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Where are you @Nubsnstubs???? Just checking on you, should have done this earlier in the week. Know how you get sidetracked when you see a pretty rock or limb along the road!!

I think I can speak for all of us, thanks buddy!! Sure enjoyed the visit. Just way too short!!
Garry, Yup, you're right. That visit was way too short. I don't think I'll be going that way again in the near future. My 85 year old uncle is too healthy, so there aren't any funerals planned for the near future. I'll probably croak before he doe's.

I made it safely home last Sunday. Yesterday I did a better inspection of my truck especially all the vacuum hoses. Discovered one clamp that wasn't tightened from the engine swap I did last year. Maybe that's why my gas mileage was always 2 miles per gallon less than the original engine. Tightened it and took it for a test ride to check the brakes. With ABS, I can't get them to squeal, but I tried extra hard and they did, so I'm ASSuming my brakes are working like they should. The check engine light didn't come on either. Maybe my truck will enjoy working with me again.

Coming home through all the mountains I drove up and down, my shift lever is always in overdrive. 95% of the time, passing gear would always shift down to 2nd gear, instead of 3rd. When I saw a hill coming up, I would shift into 3rd, and the trannie refused to shift into 2nd when needed. A couple of those hills I went up at 32-33 mph, just like my '79 P/U that has a carbuerater instead of fuel injection and computer. It never did it before even with a heavier load than this trip. Tucson is pretty flat, so I'm gonna have to drive out over 50-70 miles to find a hill on the freeway that I can test my truck to see if everything is like it should be. .............. Jerry (in Tucson)