My latest scroll work

lvstealth

Reaction score
First name
Lisa
WOW!!! just WOW!!! that is AMAZING!!! that is some serious talent! i spend that many hours just cutting a few pieces! (well the cutting is not as bad as the recutting because i goofed!)

such talent!

rocky1

Creator of Shavings and Sawdust!
Reaction score
First name
Rocky
@lvstealth - I don't know Lisa, but if one had access to lots of cheap lumber, like used pallets, and googled "Free Scroll Patterns" I'd think one could come up with a whole bunch of little patterns to make window ornaments, Christmas ornaments, and other assorted little ornaments that would likely fit the cheap lumber, and afford one a lot of practice to work into bigger things like that pictured.

rocky1

Reaction score
First name
Rocky
Not sure what Google will turn up on your end since they have NUMEROUS data centers, but the first link it gave me on Pinterest, there were some real interesting feathers with scenes scrolled out pictured. I know those would fit the cheap lumber nicely.

Maybe the link will take you there... https://www.pinterest.com/explore/free-scroll-saw-patterns/?lp=true

Last edited:

rocky1

Reaction score
First name
Rocky
Like most it leads you to pay for this pattern page... You could try copying the picture to your computer and resize them to fit. Maybe @Kenbo could clue you in on how to print them to transfer to the wood.

Kenbo

Self proclaimed expert of nothing
Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Ken
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
that pictured is the work of an artist! i love this community! ya'll make me feel like i can do anything!
It's not that we make you feel that way, it's because you know that you can do this. Anyone can. What I do is nothing special and given enough time, a baboon could do what I do. If you ever want some pointers or have any questions at all, you can feel free to PM me and I would be more than happy to help you out if I can. Never sell yourself short because you have talents that you don't even know you have yet.

Wildthings

ASTROS 2019 WORLD CHAMPION VIDEO PLAYERS
Reaction score
First name
Barry
It's not that we make you feel that way, it's because you know that you can do this. Anyone can. What I do is nothing special and given enough time, a baboon could do what I do. If you ever want some pointers or have any questions at all, you can feel free to PM me and I would be more than happy to help you out if I can. Never sell yourself short because you have talents that you don't even know you have yet.
Soooo @Brink could do this too?

lvstealth

Reaction score
First name
Lisa
ohhhh!!! im watching your videos now!!!

ive had my scroll saw for about 3 months, and i am just at the point i could even ask a decent question! your work is beautiful! i started because my brother (during the whole kitchen remodel saga) showed me a piece of intarsia. i read about it and it said i needed a scroll saw and some sanding equipment. so i got a Wen and plunged in! i do love it! i think i am addicted to the wood, i just love the feel! and the colors! and the grains!

Last edited:

Kenbo

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Ken
ohhhh!!! im watching your videos now!!!

ive had my scroll saw for about 3 months, and i am just at the point i could even ask a decent question! your work is beautiful! i started because my brother (during the whole kitchen remodel saga) showed me a piece of intarsia. i read about it and it said i needed a scroll saw and some sanding equipment. so i got a Wen and plunged in! i do love it! i think i am addicted to the wood, i just love the feel! and the colors! and the grains!

Well glad that you have found the videos. Feel free to subscribe if you like and please ask any questions you have. The offer for help was quite sincere.

rocky1

Reaction score
First name
Rocky
that pictured is the work of an artist! i love this community! ya'll make me feel like i can do anything!

You can! I've seen your work. It's obvious you've found yourself comfortable and confident on the scroll saw. This is just a little different twist in scroll saw is all. You got it in you. Go for it! Pallet boards don't cost much to play with, and everyone will love little ornaments to hang about the house. Go get em girl!

toyman_7

Reaction score
First name
James
I cut a piece to enter in this year's local fair. I cut it from 1/4" thick red oak and then built a custom walnut frame with maple splines to put it in. The piece took second place to a simple bowl. I was kind of curious as to why it would take 2nd place so I inquired. It turns out, that the judges thought that it was cut by laser and not scroll saw so they bumped it down to 2nd place. I guess I should take it as a compliment that I've hone my skill enough that they though a computer guided machine did the work. There's always next year.
View attachment 135522
Absolutely Beautiful Ken! Haven't tried this one, but have the pattern in one of my books. Just haven't brave enough to tackle that project yet...Soon maybe. Have been a subscriber of "Kennyearrings" ever since you've been on YT. A lot of what I've learned about the craft and making project has been frm your channel. You are and excellent craftsman and make it look so easy. I have had people disbelieve me when I show them some of my military plaques . They think it was done by a CNC, til I tell them to Google Dewalt 788 scroll saw and what it does. I feel like you should not have been bumped down though, they were a bit hasty, I think. I watched your truck build with all those cinder blocks....AWWSOME!!! But you didn't make the forklift for unloading all those pallets.....Why????

Kenbo

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Ken
Absolutely Beautiful Ken! Haven't tried this one, but have the pattern in one of my books. Just haven't brave enough to tackle that project yet...Soon maybe. Have been a subscriber of "Kennyearrings" ever since you've been on YT. A lot of what I've learned about the craft and making project has been frm your channel. You are and excellent craftsman and make it look so easy. I have had people disbelieve me when I show them some of my military plaques . They think it was done by a CNC, til I tell them to Google Dewalt 788 scroll saw and what it does. I feel like you should not have been bumped down though, they were a bit hasty, I think. I watched your truck build with all those cinder blocks....AWWSOME!!! But you didn't make the forklift for unloading all those pallets.....Why????
Well, this post was definitely a spectacular way to start my day and I thank you for all the kind words for me first thing in the morning. I also appreciate you sticking in to watch my show on a regular basis. You have no idea how much it amazes me that people enjoy the program and it's comments like yours that keep me producing the program. As for the forklift to remove the blocks......I guess I got lazy. LOL.
Thank you once again for all the kind words and for tuning in to the show. Now quite wasting time and get out there and start that cutting. There's no time like the present.