Self proclaimed expert of nothing
Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Ken
I haven't done a model build in a long time and I know that I haven't finished my train yet (I have one more car and the caboose to make) but I really want something to just sit back and have fun with so today, I started a model build. This will be very different from my other model builds as this one will actually be meant to be played with. It will still have a nice amount of detail but it will be much more sturdy than my normal models. So after 5-1/2 hours today, this is what I got done. I forgot how much fun these were and how time consuming they are.

DSC01264.jpeg
DSC01265.jpeg DSC01266.jpeg

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Good to see another one going Ken, I love these builds of yours! That looks like a boom.

Kenbo

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Ken
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good to see another one going Ken, I love these builds of yours! That looks like a boom.
Nope. Not a boom.

Kenbo

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Ken
Another 5 hours spent on the project today. More frame pieces made and assembled. Still have some final sanding to do. It's been a pretty tedious day of drawing out angles and pinning all parts with 1/8" dowels for stability. I would have gotten more done but I had to take a break to make a batch of 1/2" maple dowels for the model. Apparently, I was completely out of them. Who knew?

IMG_9131.JPG

IMG_9132.JPG

IMG_9133.JPG

IMG_9134.JPG

IMG_9135.JPG

Kenbo

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Ken
Sorry guys. I have no idea why I put the build in Kenbo's chat room. I've moved it here where it should be now. More to come this Saturday.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Apparently what happens in the chat room doesn't stay in the chat room.
Darn that canadien shenanigator....

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
I just looked for an hour at a ton of plans all over the place. It's a vehicle, guessing by the hole for the driveshaft in the middle.
I love these builds and all the guesses. So that's all I'm saying about it for now.
One of these days I need to try to make one. Although it most likely may be an x-wing fighter. :sarcastic:

Gdurfey

Reaction score
First name
Garry
I ran across a store over New Years out in Montrose Colorado that carries a local man’s work and the first person I thought of was @Kenbo I was shy about taking pictures, and I know what someone is going to say, but they were incredible. I don’t think quite as detailed or scale, but very good.

Mike Hill

Board Whoarder
Reaction score
First name
Mike
I've seen that configuration of angle blocks on a piece of equipment before, but cannot recall what it was.

Kenbo

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Ken
I've seen that configuration of angle blocks on a piece of equipment before, but cannot recall what it was.

It's going to take a while before the model starts taking any kind of shape at all but hopefully soon it will start to look like something.