My old standby

shadetree_1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Joe
Not that old really, it's a 1982 New Model Single Six, the bluing is about gone because it has been in and out of the holster countless thousands of times, I keep the magnum cyl in it at all times, it has taken hundreds of varmits and rattlesnakes and I figure it will change a mans mind if he has any evil intent, I never go anywhere without it 24/7.

100_0388.JPG

100_0389.JPG

100_0390.JPG

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
shadetree_1 said:
.... it has been in and out of the holster countless thousands of times . . . it has taken hundreds of varmits and rattlesnakes ....

Let's work on that accuracy thing there Joe. :pleasantry: :sarcastic:

Now that's a working man's gun. Very nice thanks for showing it.

:good2:

shadetree_1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Joe
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Kevin said:
shadetree_1 said:
.... it has been in and out of the holster countless thousands of times . . . it has taken hundreds of varmits and rattlesnakes ....

Let's work on that accuracy thing there Joe. :pleasantry: :sarcastic:

Now that's a working man's gun. Very nice thanks for showing it.

:good2:

Ok Kevin, I guess maybe it's only been in and out of the holster hundreds of times, I don't rightly remember I'm old and crotchety and the memory is not the best anymore, I know it won't stop a man in his tracks but it will certainly put a hitch in his get-along and give me a chance.

sprucegum

Reaction score
First name
Dave
shadetree_1 said:
Not that old really, it's a 1982 New Model Single Six, the bluing is about gone because it has been in and out of the holster countless thousands of times, I keep the magnum cyl in it at all times, it has taken hundreds of varmits and rattlesnakes and I figure it will change a mans mind if he has any evil intent, I never go anywhere without it 24/7.
That's my kind, Old Bill Ruger made some fine guns. :good2:

justturnin

Banned
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Looks a lot like the .22 I have that was my dads. Not a ruger and I possibly just insulted your pistol but similar just the same. I don't recall the details on it, has been so long since I have pulled it out. I cleaned and oiled it years ago and put her away. May have to take it plinkin this weekend too.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
ATF in the house. :sarcastic:

Very good looking wheel gun. I love the old school stuff.