My shop in Colorado

davidgiul

Reaction score
First name
David
Steelart99 said:
davidgiul said:
A beautiful shop and setting. But it is too clean. You are going to give Mike1950 a complex and make Kenbo jealous.:davidguil:

CLEAN ...:wacko1:
I must take lousy pictures :negative:
Your pictures are just fine. I posted a picture of what a clean shop could look like and the picture sent Kenbo into a catatonic shock.:davidguil:

Steelart99

Reaction score
First name
Dan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
davidgiul said:
Steelart99 said:
davidgiul said:
A beautiful shop and setting. But it is too clean. You are going to give Mike1950 a complex and make Kenbo jealous.:davidguil:

Your pictures are just fine. I posted a picture of what a clean shop could look like and the picture sent Kenbo into a catatonic shock.:davidguil:

:sorry: It turns out that not only am I now addicted to, and collecting wood, I've done the same with tools, fossils, meteorites, metals, stones ... sigh ... fortunately my wife is a saint ... and I make her lots of cool stuff so she wont dump me.

davidgiul

Reaction score
First name
David
Steelart99 said:
davidgiul said:
Steelart99 said:
davidgiul said:

:sorry: It turns out that not only am I now addicted to, and collecting wood, I've done the same with tools, fossils, meteorites, metals, stones ... sigh ... fortunately my wife is a saint ... and I make her lots of cool stuff so she wont dump me.
I can think of way worse addictions than the ones you just listed. Wood and tools seem to be my weakness for the moment.

Steelart99

Reaction score
First name
Dan
davidgiul said:
Steelart99 said:
davidgiul said:
Steelart99 said:
davidgiul said:

I can think of way worse addictions than the ones you just listed. Wood and tools seem to be my weakness for the moment.
:rofl2: What??? I'm not the ONLY :pleasantry: one???

davduckman2010

were ever you go-- there you are
Reaction score
First name
david
thats beutiful dan i got to build me somthing just like that right in the middle of my honey hole next door. where did you get the planes for that building. or is it a kit ? thats perfect for what i need . iv been clearing a spot in there but i got these dam big maples in the way but i got a an idea for them :csnut: they will look better in the house than out side of it yep duck

Steelart99

Reaction score
First name
Dan
davduckman2010 said:
thats beutiful dan i got to build me somthing just like that right in the middle of my honey hole next door. where did you get the planes for that building. or is it a kit ? thats perfect for what i need . iv been clearing a spot in there but i got these dam big maples in the way but i got a an idea for them :csnut: they will look better in the house than out side of it yep duck

Dave, no plans, I designed it myself and drew it up on AutoCad. I wanted to use what is called Socket Systems, the black steel angles at the beam interfaces. That way, I could build it on the ground and raise the beams as a single unit. No crane required. 8x8 Doug fir beams cut to length, bolted together and raised with a winch attached to my jeep. A bit hairy at times. I just used 2' dia x 4' deep concrete pillars under the beams. No other foundation required but I added a concrete pad too. The entire downstairs interior is blue pine T&G which was actually cheaper than anything else. I have 8 wooded acres and great views. You should build one yourself. I'll help ... from here.:i_dunno:

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Steelart99 said:
davduckman2010 said:

Dave, no plans, I designed it myself and drew it up on AutoCad. I wanted to use what is called Socket Systems, the black steel angles at the beam interfaces. That way, I could build it on the ground and raise the beams as a single unit. No crane required. 8x8 Doug fir beams cut to length, bolted together and raised with a winch attached to my jeep. A bit hairy at times. I just used 2' dia x 4' deep concrete pillars under the beams. No other foundation required but I added a concrete pad too. The entire downstairs interior is blue pine T&G which was actually cheaper than anything else. I have 8 wooded acres and great views. You should build one yourself. I'll help ... from here.:i_dunno:

I'd show up for the raising! :biggrin:

davduckman2010

were ever you go-- there you are
Reaction score
First name
david
thats awsome great design too . just raise and bolt to the pillars great idea i still got some planing to do iv only cleared the road and an acre of under brush it will take me some time. that would look great back in there its a five acre lot joining my lot and its zoned commercial. all my buddys are in the trades so that will help greatly. duck