Mystery Tool

Graybeard

Reaction score
First name
David
mystery tool.png

Anyone know what this is? Our village museum has one and no one can ID it.

Woodworking Vet

Reaction score
First name
Damon
A cousin of mine has an old forge with a bunch of tools up on his ranch, one of the forging tools looks very much like the one you have pictured.

Graybeard

Reaction score
First name
David
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bingo, thanks Karl. I looked at blacksmith supplies and farrier supplies and couldn't find anything set up like it. Thanks for the replies.

Karl_TN

Reaction score
First name
Karl
Bingo, thanks Karl. I looked at blacksmith supplies and farrier supplies and couldn't find anything set up like it. Thanks for the replies.
That was a fun challenge. What clued me in was thinking it reminded me of bull nose pliers for leading bulls around, but those points didn't meet so I figured it might be for another animal use. Also, the handle didn't look like the rounded handles that are often found on blacksmith tongs. Mostly a lucky guess because I've never come across anything like this before.

Maverick

Reaction score
First name
John
Before I got to Karl's answer I was thinking it was something used on an animal, but on the opposite end from the nose....specifically on the the other end of a male animal....I will leave it at that.

Edited to add...I guess I have watched too many of Dr Pol's vet shows.

Last edited:

Graybeard

Reaction score
First name
David
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Before I got to Karl's answer I was thinking it was something used on an animal, but on the opposite end from the nose....specifically on the the other end of a male animal....I will leave it at that.

Edited to add...I guess I have watched too many of Dr Pol's vet shows.
Every watch him ring a bull? Great show, one of my favorites.