Dismiss Notice
Woodbarter has upgraded to HTTPS. Please see click here for all the details.

Need a small box made

Discussion in 'Wood-Related Services Forum' started by kazuma78, Jul 31, 2013.

1. kazuma78

kazuma78 Member Full Member Thread Starter

First name:
    Josh
    I am looking for a small box made for a gift I made to give to my fiancee for our wedding in December. I dont want to put a picture of it on here just in case she checks this forum (sometimes I send her links of wood im interested in before I buy it). If you PM me I can tell you what it is and send a picture of it in a week or so once I have it in hand.
    I know the inside dimensions of the box would need to be roughly 2.5"X2.25"X1.5". She loves the color red so possibly some sort of red wood (burl would be wonderful), im open to suggestions on how to put it together to make it really stand out with colors of wood and stuff.
    We are getting married December 28th so I think if the box is done sometime before december that would be great. Im really looking for a very gorgeous box essentially to accent the wonderful treasure I have to put inside it.
    What is inside is made of silver and I like working with silver from time to time. I would be willing to buy the box, buy someone elses wood for you off of this forum if you are interested in it, or I could make a silver ring for you from a silver US quarter. It would still have the date and plenty of the writing on the inside of it. This is how I made my own and my fiancees wedding bands. They look like an actual jewelry store band with a mirror polish on them. One of these would be great for a special girl in the family as a gift. Im open to offers on what to trade or deal for.
    Thanks in advance!

ring 2.jpg

rings.jpg

2. Mike1950

Mike1950 Founding Member Founding Member Full Member

First name:
    Mike
    You might look at Mrfish he makes some very unique small boxes.

3. kazuma78

First name:
    Josh
    I sent Mrfish a PM. If we do a trade we will start a new thread on the forum. Thanks for the heads up Mike! and thanks for the suggestion treecycle, that was a good plan. Sorry the pictures are so hazy, my cell phone is crap and I cant take a new picture because the rings are in Ohio now.

4. Mrfish55

Mrfish55 Member Full Member

First name:
    Dave
    PM sent, just finishing off the last of the redwood rebuild and getting ready for another production run for the local gallery I can slip it in with that lot, Cheers.

5. kazuma78

First name:
    Josh
    Thanks so much for the help! I really appreciate it!

6. DKMD

DKMD Sawbones Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Full Member

First name:
    David
    Fish makes some neat looking boxes, so you're in good hands. If you're after something in a round box style, I could certainly make something along those lines. Congrats on the upcoming event!

Current Time: 4:07 AM