Need router table mounting frame suggestion

bradleyheathhays

Reaction score
First name
Brad
I have a 3/4" melamine topped out feed table connected to my work's table saw and I want to turn it into a router table with a professional dial up and down type height adjustment. I'm not even sure what to call the thing, but I need a good suggestion for whatever that piece of equipment is called that mounts and adjust the height of the router. Of course I'm trying to do this all without breaking the bank. Aiming for somewhere in the middle on price and quality.

Any suggestion for a brand or model?

Also, I already have a fairly powerful full size Dewalt router. Not sure the model number it is but hopefully I can find one of these lift mechanisms that'll fit it.

Last edited:

barry richardson

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Barry
I have a masterlift that was marketed.by Rockler, got a good deal on it about 10 years ago.works great. After a quick look on google, looks like the price has really gone up. Looks like JessEm has a bout the best deal now. They cost as much or more than a good router, but after having one, I don't think I could ever go back to doing without...

djg

Reaction score
First name
Dan
Don't know anything about lifts, but I would expect 3/4" top might sag over time with the weight of the plate and router.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
I would also look at Kreg router lifts, their a little more price friendly.

Greenacres2

Reaction score
First name
Earl
Don't know anything about lifts, but I would expect 3/4" top might sag over time with the weight of the plate and router.
That was my first thought as well--and "over time" might only be a few weeks. Commercial "normal" is 1 1/8" or 1 1/4" thick, with solid surface (i.e. Formica) top & bottom. Good bracing may make 3/4" workable.
Love my Jessem Mast-R-Lift, but their Rout-R-Lift is no slouch and closer to budget-friendly. Incra markets a version of the Mast-R-Lift with their magentic rings--really awesome, but you're in the $400+ range if you're buying new.
Used lifts don't seem to come up very often--but i got my Incra Mast-R-Lift from Amazon warehouse on a Prime day--probably 2017 and just under $200--had to file 2 burs off an edge. Prior to that day, i was happy with using a Bosch 1617 in my table, and would have stayed happy. Now that i have the lift, i'm spoiled. But...i could go back the the Bosch mount and be less happy if i had to.
earl

2feathers Creative Making

Reaction score
First name
Frank
That was my first thought as well--and "over time" might only be a few weeks. Commercial "normal" is 1 1/8" or 1 1/4" thick, with solid surface (i.e. Formica) top & bottom. Good bracing may make 3/4" workable.
Love my Jessem Mast-R-Lift, but their Rout-R-Lift is no slouch and closer to budget-friendly. Incra markets a version of the Mast-R-Lift with their magentic rings--really awesome, but you're in the $400+ range if you're buying new.
Used lifts don't seem to come up very often--but i got my Incra Mast-R-Lift from Amazon warehouse on a Prime day--probably 2017 and just under $200--had to file 2 burs off an edge. Prior to that day, i was happy with using a Bosch 1617 in my table, and would have stayed happy. Now that i have the lift, i'm spoiled. But...i could go back the the Bosch mount and be less happy if i had to.
earl
So are you offering? :taunt:

bradleyheathhays

Reaction score
First name
Brad
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would be starting this little adventure right after one of the biggest sale events...Prime Day, oh well.

Thanks for all the great advice. I've had people say it's an unneeded luxury and that they'd never live without it...and as I've never regretted buying a tool...hmmmm. Yeah, it's gonna happen.

I'll keep table sag a priority consideration now though.