New England Woodworking Show

Rich P.

Reaction score
First name
Richard
Any members going to the woodworking show in Springfield Massachusetts next weekend? The dates are January 10-12 at the Big E.
They have also added a show in Syracuse New York the third weekend in March.

RichP

Rich P.

Reaction score
First name
Richard
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok. I will let you know. I usually go out with a couple other guys and I have not heard from them yet.
If I do go out Friday maybe we can meet up. I would like to meet another WB member

RichP

Rich P.

Reaction score
First name
Richard
Clarkhus, looks like I will be going Saturday. Have a couple others going out with me and Saturday was better for their schedules.
Save some of the good stuff for us.

Have you ever been to it before?
RichP

Rich P.

Reaction score
First name
Richard
It is a pretty good show if you are looking for tools. Only a vendor or two selling wood. Lake Shore Hardwoods will be there and they usually have some very nice exotics. Also, a lot of opportunity to sit in on lectures. You can spend the day jumping from one to another and never get a chance to shop. Another good part it is only a couple blocks from Woodcraft on the way home.
On the downside, PeachTree is not attending this year and they were the biggest retailer at the show. Usually had something like 16-20 booth spaces and they sold everything.
If you haven’t yet, go the woodworking shows website and browse the lecture schedules and look at the coupons. There is one for a couple $ off admission.
Sorry we cannot meet up, if you have any questions about the show let me know
RichP

Last edited:

clarkhus

Reaction score
First name
Clark
Thanks Rich, I have laid out my schedule and I just got paid for a couple of jobs. So my wallet is probably in trouble.

Rich P.

Reaction score
First name
Richard
I hope you enjoy it. Let us know what you think of it and what you purchased
RichP

Rich P.

Reaction score
First name
Richard
Bill12035 and I went yesterday and we brought a couple other woodworkers with us. We had a good time, caught a couple lectures did some shopping. Stopped at Woodcraft on the way home. All of us came home with bags.
Not sure it is possible for a woodworker to attend a woodworking show and stop at a woodworking store and not buy something.
Rich

Rich P.

Reaction score
First name
Richard
Good for you. You should post pictures when you get a couple done. There are a couple power carvers on this forum that maybe able to answer questions also.
Bill and I both bought Carter guide bearing for bandsaw box making. Not sure when I will get a chance to do it but Bill probably has his mounted on his saw already
Rich

clarkhus

Reaction score
First name
Clark
I will post pictures once I get some done. Looked at a lot of the Carter stuff, maybe next show that will be a priority. Will probably be going to Saratoga in March. Yesterday I made a good score on Cherry slabs and spallted maple and a lot of other hardwoods. I think I’m going to need a bigger garage.

719B7B29-9DCD-4E11-A1C5-D4D9BB0D4FD6.jpeg

A736B01C-B932-46BC-97B8-A455CC661CEC.jpeg

Last edited:

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Oh man! How did I miss this! Dag nabbit. I wanted to go.
Rats.

Rich P.

Reaction score
First name
Richard
There is another one in Syracuse New York March 20-22. It will be a little farther for you to drive
RichP

clarkhus

Reaction score
First name
Clark
I’ll probably go to Saratoga. Almost as far as Springfield for me. I go to Syracuse quite often to go to games.

Lou Currier

Reaction score
First name
Lou
It’s sad to see that Peachtree is not there again this year. I wonder what happened causing them to no longer be affiliated with the show. Did Nova offer any good show deals? The show will be in Tampa the 24th through the 26th.