New guy from Wisconsin

Karl_TN

Reaction score
First name
Karl
What kind of work are you doing now?

About half of the work I do comes from plans, my only formal education in woodworking came from high school, and that was so long ago, it's mostly just a vague memory! These bookcases look impressive, but in reality are quite simple to make.

Here's the link for the plan, I modified the plans to fit my needs. I made the first one for my son out of walnut and curly maple, that one is quite striking. The plans call for mortice & tenon joints which took me forever to do, I did the last two with my Domino and was able to complete those in about 1/4th of the time as the first two!
Bookcase with Flair
I do mostly woodturning at the moment for a hobby. Most weeks I have a chainsaw in my hand cutting either turning blanks, smoking wood or firewood. Also have some old vintage 3phase wood working equipment (two Unisaws, Oliver Jointer & Oliver Planer) that needs a little restoration, and I need to install a new electrical sub panel before I can do much in the way of flat work. No Domino equipment yet, but here many good things about them.

gman2431

Reaction score
First name
cody
Well since we are talking tacomas... haha

Here's my 18 I bought new in 19. This summer I put all new bilstein 6112/5160, UCA, leaf packs, extended brake lines, bump stops, you name it on for a 3 in lift. New 17in rims with Toyo 33s. Also got the engine tuned and a ridiculously expensive hood scoop light bar that I barely use. Haha.

20210531_204157.jpg

pixeltim

Reaction score
First name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well since we are talking tacomas... haha

Here's my 18 I bought new in 19. This summer I put all new bilstein 6112/5160, UCA, leaf packs, extended brake lines, bump stops, you name it on for a 3 in lift. New 17in rims with Toyo 33s. Also got the engine tuned and a ridiculously expensive hood scoop light bar that I barely use. Haha.

View attachment 216166
I wanted to do that kind of thing to mine, but I upgraded my jointer instead. Maybe one of these days...

Sprung

Amateur Sawdust Maker
Reaction score
First name
Matt
From Wisconsin? Sorry to hear that!

Oh, wait! :blush: :sarcastic:

Welcome! (From another corner of WI.)

Nice work!

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
What is Tacoma World? Not on it, obviously! Chuck
It's a forum much like this one. It's all about all things Tacoma! And a bunch of other things as well. It's not as well mannered as we are here but still very usefull, interesting, and fun.

pixeltim

Reaction score
First name
Tim
It's a forum much like this one. It's all about all things Tacoma! And a bunch of other things as well. It's not as well mannered as we are here but still very usefull, interesting, and fun.
If you think tacomaworld is ill mannered, you should check out arfcom! That’s a free-for-all! They even allow political talk. Gasp.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Howdy Tim, sorry I'm late to the festivities, but, welcome to the club....

pixeltim

Reaction score
First name
Tim
Tim, mighty fine work you're doing. I think I see the influence of James Krenov there..?

Welcome from the north east.
Thank you!
Well, if there is any Krenov influence, it isn't intentional, although I do plan to make a Krenov inspired cabinet on stand soon.

JerseyHighlander

Reaction score
First name
Kyle
Don't even get me started on truck issues.
Got it this year, downsized and love it! Trd off road, voodoo blue. I was a gmc guy until they tried to double my payment on the same truck and lowballed me on my trade, I may never buy another gmc again. This tacoma does all I need and it's way more fun to drive.
View attachment 216155View attachment 216156
Don't even get me started on issues with GMC. This was my day yesterday, just to evaluate how much rebuilding I need to do on a frame that looks like it's been on the bottom of the ocean for 200 years.
Engine Lift_Bed.JPG

Bed & Lift.JPG Truck_Bed Off.JPG

If I ever buy another GM product, it will have been built in the 1960's or previous. Can't do without a full size HD truck though.