new member from MA

jjkostick

Reaction score
First name
Jane
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I joined this forum quite a while ago but haven't visited back until recently. I've gotten interested in working with burls in the past few years and would be interested in either buying more or trading if anyone is interested. Here's a video I made somewhat recently showing some of my woodworking process. Burl tends to tear out, so I find the mini Byrnes drum sander to be a valuable tool, plus it allows me to work to a crazy level of precision.

jjkostick

Reaction score
First name
Jane
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi Jane,
Welcome, Your work is beautiful. How the heck did you cut those pieces to make that tiny spherical sculpture that fits on a penny!!
I would be proud to send you some of my scraps! (not that you need them) :P
Hi, I'm sorry I didn't see this message when you wrote it. So this reply comes ever so late. That tiny sphere on the penny is made from cutoffs that I didn't intentionally set out to make. Because of the systems of angles I'm working within, many times the cutoff pieces can be reassembled to make solids. More often than not the cutoffs, being so tiny, get sucked up by the vacuum, but if I'm making a whole lot, some small percentage survive undamaged and I can glue them up. Sure, send me your scraps and I promise to return some of it in more geometric form! -Jane (I can work with anything as small as 1"x 5/8"x 5/8")

Last edited:

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Jane, I wasn't here yet when you joined, glad you came back! Those are some incredible puzzles, very cool work! @Mike1950 seems to have what you need, he does have incredible lumber! Tony

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
Welcome BACK from California! Appears you have a ton of talent! Jump right back into the forum, as you have much to contribute. Chuck