New to the game!!

Randall pope

Reaction score
First name
Randall
Hello WoodBarter I'm new to the wood working. I've been around family building things from wood and I feel like it's my turn to try my hand at. I have basically inherited my grandfather's wood working tools. I'm fixing to see how far I can get on my own working in this old shop but it's nice to know I got a group that can help if I run into trouble along the way or not sure how to get something right. In my family no one shows you anything they all just assume it should come natural to you and you should already know how to use everything. Thanks and hope you guys will be willing to help out along the way.

David Hill

I collect & use Texas woods---but prefer Mesquite.
Reaction score
Cuero, Texas--Not far from the Third Coast
First name
David
Welcome Randall!
You've found a great place to help you learn about woodworking. I certainly wasn't given the innate ability to use all the tools in my shop. With the help of others--especially here--you can grow your talents. All you have to do is ask!
Lots of friends here you haven't met,

T. Ben

Reaction score
First name
Troy
Welcome from minnesota,the guys on here are great,they’ve helped me improve my skills,which still need improvement,but that’s another story.

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Randall, Welcome from South Texas! This is indeed the right place for you. There are incredibly talented guys and gals here who are more than willing to offer advice and help wherever they can, look forward to seeing how you do! Post some pictures of the Shop man, we would love to see it! Tony

Gdurfey

Reaction score
First name
Garry
Welcome from Colorado. As the others have said, don't be shay. Sometimes you might even be succeeding and these incredible folks can show you alternative ways of accomplishing something you never even thought of with as good or better results. Amazing all the "tricks" to get from point a to point b. Enjoy!!!!

TXMoon

Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Welcome! I look forward to watching your journey. Good luck and ask LOTS of questions. There is a wealth of information, and help here.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Howdy Randall, welcome to the club....

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
Welcome from California! Did the shop come with any wood? What types of things do you think you would like to make? Chuck

Patrude

Reaction score
First name
Rich
Welcome Randall, from Taunton, Massachusetts. You came to the right place. Lots of help to be found here. Never rush at wood working . Be safety minded and thoroughly focused in every aspect of shop work. What type of work are you most interested in

David Van Asperen

Reaction score
First name
David
Welcome to Wood Barter ,you have found the right site
@Randall pope please take a couple of minutes to read the few simple rules and respond to some of the posts .
You need 5 posts so that you can interact in the other forums. As others have said you will get all kinds of help when you ask questions. This is honest information from members that have experience in the area you are asking about. There is lots of good nature joking as well so be prepared to learn and laugh and please share some pics