New to WB

Mike Moore

Reaction score
First name
Michael
I’m an experienced woodworker and have been turning for 4 years. I have a stash of local woods that I use but am always interested in other opportunities. Some of the challenges sound very interesting also.

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Mike, Welcome from South Texas! Feel free to jump into the Inside Out challenge and join the fun! Tony

FranklinWorkshops

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Hi Mike, glad to have you. Asheville is a well-known area for crafts and the Southern Highlands Craft Guild. Do you participate in that organization? I grew up in TN just across the mountains from you. My ancestors settled in Old Fort and the bottom of Black Mountain in 1752 so I know a lot about your area of the country.

TimR

Sawdust Engineer
Reaction score
First name
Tim
Welcome from the north Georgia mountains! My wife and I like Asheville and have family and friends in area. Lots of excellent craft in the area too.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Howdy Michael, welcome to the club....

Mike Moore

Reaction score
First name
Michael
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi Mike, glad to have you. Asheville is a well-known area for crafts and the Southern Highlands Craft Guild. Do you participate in that organization? I grew up in TN just across the mountains from you. My ancestors settled in Old Fort and the bottom of Black Mountain in 1752 so I know a lot about your area of the country.

Larry - I am active member of the Carolina Mountain Woodturners which is a pretty big club in the area. I’ve visited a number of events sponsored by the Southern Highland Craft Guild. I’m watching some of your trade offers. I’ll be joining in before too long but am in the middle of a project right now.

Mike Moore

Reaction score
First name
Michael
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Welcome from the north Georgia mountains! My wife and I like Asheville and have family and friends in area. Lots of excellent craft in the area too.

there are definitely lots of crafts here. It’s one of the reasons we moved here.

DKMD

Sawbones
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
David
Welcome, Mike! Looking forward to seeing you around these parts.

Paperboy98

Reaction score
First name
Randy
Larry - I am active member of the Carolina Mountain Woodturners which is a pretty big club in the area. I’ve visited a number of events sponsored by the Southern Highland Craft Guild. I’m watching some of your trade offers. I’ll be joining in before too long but am in the middle of a project right now.
Welcome to the group Mike!

Gdurfey

Reaction score
First name
Garry
Welcome from Colorado. Love that part of NC.....use to play in the mountains west of you. Enjoy and post some pics of your projects. We love learning and admiring!!!