Novel Published

SubVet10

Veteran, Author, Maker
Reaction score
First name
Brandon
Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have not made much sawdust lately other than a seam ripper for a friend of the better half. Mostly due to my free time being consumed by publishing my first novel. Man... I can see why 95+ of writers give up by now. Writing was the easy part - publishing, not so much. Anyways, I am still making headway. I have a few more chapters to correct before sending it back to the editor for final edits. Then it is back to the designers for the paperback cover art.
The last time I mentioned this I was at around 108,000 words / 440 pages. In the last couple months I have hacked and whacked it down to 80K words / 320 pages.
Here is the book blurb for you:
A warrior’s work is never done.
Attacks are growing by land and by sea. Cameron Grey and a small cadre of veterans are deployed to expose a web of collusion to a sinister terror plot somewhere in the Americas.
As the team digs deeper, they stumble onto an inconceivable conspiracy with global footprints across four continents. An unimaginable discovery puts Cam and company immediately in the cross-hairs of those in the shadows – both at home and abroad. To defend their country they may have to result to equally unconscionable measures.
Will Cam & company be able to save their beloved country in time, or will the terrorists’ web run too deep. Sign up to be notified of the release of Foreign & Domestic and start reading the first book of the Texian Armada Saga to find out!

@ripjack13 @Eric Rorabaugh @Tony @Gdurfey @Wildthings

Foreign & Domestic_v3a - sm.jpg

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
That's awesome! Congratulations on this monumental accomplishment.:itsadeal::bravo:

Eric Rorabaugh

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Eric
Great! Congrats! Let us know when it comes out and I'll pick up a copy. Sounds like it's right up my alley

SubVet10

Veteran, Author, Maker
Reaction score
First name
Brandon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Seven rocket ships and a star!! :yipee::thanx2::drinks:

If you like Clancy, Thor, Coonts, etc you will love these books for sure.

Take Care,

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Congratulations! Make sure to let me know when it hits, maybe I can buy an autographed copy from you.

Mike Hill

Board Whoarder
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Brandon, that is so exciting. Knocked off 20% of word count - very good. Boy I hate doing that! What did you write it on? Word? I've been published, but just articles - nothing like a novel. I have ideas rumbling around my head, even done an outline or two, but not started.

SubVet10

Veteran, Author, Maker
Reaction score
First name
Brandon
Congrats Brandon. thanks for tagging me. Excited for this and for you.
My pleasure Garry. The feedback I have received so far has been very uplifting. Right now, the best I can say is the e-book will be out in early/mid July. And the paperback to follow later in the Summer.

@Mike Hill With a complex cast of characters (ships included) I used Scrivener because you have the ability to split screen your writing area and notes area. Plus it is very easy to use for re-arranging chapters, formatting, etc. Now that I am publishing I am using Reedsy to track the editorial notes. There are a lot of free resources out there for "how -to's". Feel free to msg me for anyway I can be of assistance.

@Tony We can make that happen. I'll let everyone know when each version is available.

P.S. Y'all are awesome. Thank you so much.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Hot diggety dog!

Ripjack13 was at the edge of his seat salvitating for the book to be ready for publishing. He had been waiting for months for this moment. How much longer could he wait for it? Days? Weeks? Months?
Will ripjack13 be able to wait for the book to be published , or will it drive him mad? Stay tuned for updates here at WB to find out.

SubVet10

Veteran, Author, Maker
Reaction score
First name
Brandon
Hot diggety dog!

Ripjack13 was at the edge of his seat salvitating for the book to be ready for publishing. He had been waiting for months for this moment. How much longer could he wait for it? Days? Weeks? Months?
Will ripjack13 be able to wait for the book to be published , or will it drive him mad? Stay tuned for updates here at WB to find out.
Apologies for keeping Marc waiting. I have been in 'publishing' mode since November. There have been some setbacks, and a ton of new stuff to learn. On top of having a full time + day job. I can say that it is within weeks of the ebook being out. Then another couple weeks for the paperback, and finally the audio version.
Plus, I would like Book #2 to be out around the 1st of the year, after the holiday madness.
Though I may delay it just to see if I can get you to crack :taunt:

TimR

Sawdust Engineer
Reaction score
First name
Tim
Awesome! Congrats on your progress and perseverance! I’m also in the camp of liking this genre. Got started as a young engineer working in radar and sonar manufacturing In the late 80s. The plant general manager told a bunch of us new hires to read Clancy’s Hunt for Red October. As wild as some technology sounds, most is either operational or in the works....what’s not to like! I’ll be on the list of those eager to read your work.

SubVet10

Veteran, Author, Maker
Reaction score
First name
Brandon
Awesome! Congrats on your progress and perseverance! I’m also in the camp of liking this genre. Got started as a young engineer working in radar and sonar manufacturing In the late 80s. The plant general manager told a bunch of us new hires to read Clancy’s Hunt for Red October. As wild as some technology sounds, most is either operational or in the works....what’s not to like! I’ll be on the list of those eager to read your work.
Tim, my good man, if I am ever in your neck of the woods we are going to have to do lunch. I was a weapons tech in the Navy. My first schools were fire control and search radars. Then I crossed over to the Submarine Force where I also learned sonar. While I still don't remember how to do quarter wave lengths, I can still do sin/cos in my sleep (literally many nights). My background in both naval and marine/offshore tech will be featured throughout the series.

SubVet10

Veteran, Author, Maker
Reaction score
First name
Brandon
Hello Everyone,
I am ironing out the last few typos and formatting issues. So... the publishing live date for the e-book is now 17JUL. I'll follow up again as we get closer. Thanks to everyone for their encouragement.
Take Care,
Brandon