**ENDED** Old Jet Midi motor

Mike Hill

Board Whoarder
Reaction score
First name
Mike
@Ray D
@Eric Rorabaugh

A couple of weekends ago, I got around to changing out the single speed motor on my old Jet Midi Lathe. I changed to a variable speed - just because! Now I have a 1/2 hp motor and switch that I could either hoard or offer to someone else for shipping. Ray D and Eric both expressed an interest, but I had to see if it would fit in a mfrb. Unfortunately, I could not find it, I had put it in a box that I did not mark. Found it this weekend and happily it does fit in a mfrb. It's a little heavy, but don't think that matters.

Ray D

Reaction score
First name
Ray
Eric expressed interest first but if he declines I’d love to have it. I have an older Jet mini that I’m thinking it will work on. I’ll get the model number after work today. The motor on my lathe is about done. Thanks for the offer no matter who ends up with it.
Ray

Eric Rorabaugh

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Eric
I'd like to have it but don't "have to" right now. Ray if yours is about to go out, you go ahead and take it. I know what will happen though. As soon as you take it, mine will go out. Get it Ray. Mike, thank for the offer but Ray "needs" it more than me right now

Mike Hill

Board Whoarder
Reaction score
First name
Mike
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Looks like the only apparent difference other than the ser # is the date - mine is 2003.

1606171758087.png

Ray D

Reaction score
First name
Ray
Thanks Eric. I am definitely interested Mike. The capacitor went out several years ago so I had to spin her to get it going. It still runs now but it gets very hot and loud

Ray D

Reaction score
First name
Ray
I received this motor from @Mike Hill yesterday evening and just put it on my Jet. Runs like a champ! Thanks again Mike for such a generous gesture... I will be sure to pass it along.