♪♫ εηdεd ♫♪ Olivewood

Danny H

Reaction score
First name
Danny
@Burly Man
Hello, looks like you've been busy!
Interested in some about 1.5-1.75" thick with high figure and good lines. Could go with a block that thick or a few pieces, or even pieces that are at least 1.5 square. Could all be cut to fit in mfrb if pieces are longer/larger than that to start, as long as they are about 1.5x1.5x6" or longer.
If it's a bigger block I can mill them to 1.5" sq once I get them. Got any that fit the bill?
Thanks
Danny

Ken Martin

Reaction score
First name
Ken
After reading all five pages and looking at pictures of some gorgeous wood, I am totally confused about who’s in, what’s left and where I would be in line if is spoke up now. Would it be possible to take a step back at this point and redefine the situation as it currently stands?

I know I’m late to this table, but with “pallets” being offered, I’m hoping there might be a couple of crumbs left. I could use this for several projects that I make regularly, so I would be interested in 4/4” - 5/4” boards over 14” long and/or bowl blanks 7” x 2 1/2” or greater. Of course, the more figure, the better.

Please let me know when it’s my turn.

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
@Burly Man

Joel, before you cut/ship/set aside for somebody, etc. please go through this thread and make a list of who has asked for wood, either specific pieces/sizes or just expressed interest. Start at the top and do your best to get everyone squared away. If you need some help with any of it please let me know and I'll help as much as I can. I know there is a ton of posts, just start at the first one and go from there. Tony

Burly Man

Reaction score
First name
Joel
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You're on drugs I've never bought wood from you.
My bad Cody, I was mistaken... I thought I recognized the yellow fish on your picture (must be more like it) and then when I clicked on your purchases I'm new to the system and thought that it was showing me what you had purchased from me... Like Tony alluded to... it's was a lot to manage with so much interest so quickly and too many drugs on top of it all.:haggle::lol2: Anyway, I never saw a specific size request from you, and I was trying to go in order with people's requests. I'm assuming you bowed out like you stated before, am I correct? It's hard to know who's in and who's out when folks don't respond or keep up with the thread. I've responded to many folks with their requests and have not heard back. Like I said I did my best to move down the list, and I apologize again for offending you and breaking any rules. I'll promise to never accuse you of buying wood from me again.:taunt:

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
My bad Cody, I was mistaken... I thought I recognized the yellow fish on your picture (must be more like it) and then when I clicked on your purchases I'm new to the system and thought that it was showing me what you had purchased from me... Like Tony alluded to... it's was a lot to manage with so much interest so quickly and too many drugs on top of it all.:haggle::lol2: Anyway, I never saw a specific size request from you, and I was trying to go in order with people's requests. I'm assuming you bowed out like you stated before, am I correct? It's hard to know who's in and who's out when folks don't respond or keep up with the thread. I've responded to many folks with their requests and have not heard back. Like I said I did my best to move down the list, and I apologize again for offending you and breaking any rules. I'll promise to never accuse you of buying wood from me again.:taunt:

I think we all know you're trying your best Joel, and we all make mistakes. Make a list, go through it and ask the people (in order) what they want. They then have 48 hours to respond whether they want to buy or not. Again, if you have any questions or need help let me know.

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike

Just MY opinion But you did a pretty good job considering how many people showed interest. also this thread was up for 7 hrs before first person answered......

Burly Man

Reaction score
First name
Joel
Here's a RECAP as requested by Tony (Moderator)

Mike1950 was first and he has bought and paid for OLV.3 and OLV.9 so he's done.

Texasstate was next and he passed on everything that I have listed for him and is looking for something a bit smaller which I may post for him in the future assuming that's within rules to move on at this point from him.

Bigdrowdy1 was next and he has passed for now

Next up was Frank A... frank where'd you go? I have not heard from Frank again.

JR Parks I'm working with now

Jimmy was next and he is picking his up in person (OLV. 2)

Looks like Ray was next and I have not heard back from Ray yet

Cody was next and looks like I jumped the gun by answering MLyle (Mike) before him... sorry again to Cody.

MLyle Passed

Danny H and Ken Martin are waiting at the bottom of the list.

Thanks all... sorry for any confusion. Looks like my biggest error was jumping the gun on Cody by taking Mlyle. I'll continue with JR Parks (Jim) at this point and see if I can get him what he wants and then see if I hear back from Ray

Burly Man

Reaction score
First name
Joel
After reading all five pages and looking at pictures of some gorgeous wood, I am totally confused about who’s in, what’s left and where I would be in line if is spoke up now. Would it be possible to take a step back at this point and redefine the situation as it currently stands?

I know I’m late to this table, but with “pallets” being offered, I’m hoping there might be a couple of crumbs left. I could use this for several projects that I make regularly, so I would be interested in 4/4” - 5/4” boards over 14” long and/or bowl blanks 7” x 2 1/2” or greater. Of course, the more figure, the better.

Please let me know when it’s my turn.
will do ken

Burly Man

Reaction score
First name
Joel
@Burly Man
Hello, looks like you've been busy!
Interested in some about 1.5-1.75" thick with high figure and good lines. Could go with a block that thick or a few pieces, or even pieces that are at least 1.5 square. Could all be cut to fit in mfrb if pieces are longer/larger than that to start, as long as they are about 1.5x1.5x6" or longer.
If it's a bigger block I can mill them to 1.5" sq once I get them. Got any that fit the bill?
Thanks
Danny
Danny, I sure do... there's a couple ahead of you, but hang in there I've got the perfect pieces in mind for you.

gman2431

Reaction score
First name
cody

No worries. I said I would get in line and then once it was my turn I would talk size and so forth. I was waiting for you by not throwing out all kinds of sizes to hopefully not confuse ya more with everyone shouting out sizes.

Then I tried to help by stating our rules and also i did bow out at that time. Things become messy and i thought it was something i didn't wanna mess with with now. Personal thing on my half to not have to read a ton of stuff to figure out where my stuff was/is if that makes sense. Wood isn't worth a headache.

I thought I was cordial enough about it but if not I'm sorry... I didn't call names like @Texasstate or misquote the rules like @Tony (its 24 hours bud).

Anywho carry on all!!