Dismiss Notice
Woodbarter has upgraded to HTTPS. Please see click here for all the details.

On This Week's Show...

Discussion in 'Kenbo's Chat Room' started by Kenbo, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Kenbo

Kenbo Self proclaimed expert of nothing Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator Founding Member Full Member Thread Starter

First name:
    Ken
    As some of you already know, I have a weekly YouTube channel where I post woodworking and woodworking related videos on Friday morning at 10am and I post an episode of the show called Alternative Tuesdays, that airs on Tuesday mornings at 10am where I basically post whatever the heck I feel like that isn't related to wood.
    I'm trying to build a stronger audience for the show and hopefully, increase the traffic to my channel as well as increase my subscribers.
    I thought it would be a cool idea (and hopefully a way to get exposure to my channel) to post my weekly videos here on this thread as well. I hope you guys enjoy the programs.
    Here is last Friday's show.

• Like Like x 10
    • Way Cool Way Cool x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. rocky1

rocky1 Creator of Shavings and Sawdust! Full Member

First name:
    Rocky
    Can't believe you did all that clowning around in the middle of the video when you could have been cleaning shop, or polishing the mirror finish on the table saw top!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Sincere Sincere x 1
  3. ripjack13

ripjack13 ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator Full Member

First name:
    Marc
    Very cool Ken.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ripjack13

First name:
    Marc
    The force is strong with the spring clamp....

:sofa:

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. woodtickgreg

woodtickgreg scroll, flat, spin Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator Founding Member Full Member

First name:
    Greg
    I'm a subscriber!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Karl_TN

Karl_TN Member Full Member

First name:
    Karl
    Ken, I like your humorous video style. Count me in for watching more of your videos... :popcorn:

7. woodtickgreg

woodtickgreg scroll, flat, spin Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator Founding Member Full Member

First name:
    Greg
    He cant help it, he's fricken hilarious! Just ask him.:sarcastic:

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. Tony

Tony Hardwood Enthusiast Staff Member Global Moderator Full Member

First name:
    Tony
    Great. Simple project, well filmed as funny as all get out Ken! Tony

9. ripjack13

First name:
    Marc
    What's not to like @Herb G. ?
    Why is this one star worthy, "terrible" ?

10. Herb G.

Herb G. Member Full Member

First name:
    Herb
    Jumpy hand I guess. I meant to hit 5 stars.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Kenbo

Kenbo Self proclaimed expert of nothing Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator Founding Member Full Member Thread Starter

First name:
    Ken

Easy killer. LOL. Even if he meant to hit the one star, I am full aware that my show isn't for everyone and everyone is entitled to that opinion. Thanks for coming in to the rescue though. LOL

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. woodtickgreg

First name:
    Greg
    @Kenbo your show is fine, keep it humorous, that makes it different and very enjoyable to watch. There's plenty of how to videos out there, none are funny, that's your niche. :ok::good2::good::wink:

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Kenbo

First name:
    Ken
    Oh I'm not worried about it Greg. My show has pretty much always been the same and when that goofy feeling hits me,......well, I get goofy. LOL. AND I'M HILARIOUS!!!!! Just ask me. LOL.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Kenbo

First name:
    Ken
    This is last Tuesday's episode of the show and although there is no wood involved, it easily translates to a woodworking project by substituting 2" diameter wooden dowels. It's a fun summer game that you can easily throw together for your camping trips or family outings.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Kenbo

First name:
    Ken
    This week's show is all about the beginner and I just thought that I would take some time on the show to explain some of the different drill bits and what they can be used for. It is not a complete list by any means, but it will give the beginner some insight as to what is out there and what they can be used for. I hope you enjoy. (I am up to date now so there will just be posts here on Wednesdays and Saturdays now)

• Like Like x 2
  16. woodtickgreg

First name:
    Greg
    And that's a good thing! We need more humor in our lives and our world, we need to laugh more, and at ourselves. There's a million how to videos and tutorials on you tube, there all the same, blag blah blah, yawn. Every one is trying to be the quintesential expert at something and afraid of being flamed by the youtube trolls. But what I saw in that video was a breath of fresh air, educational and entertaining, you can do both. When I can learn and be entertained at the same time it's a hit with me, funny is even better.
    Kenn here's my point. I have been a subscriber to your vids since the early days or the beginning. I understand what you are trying to do and why you wish to grow your audience. And I'll be a subscriber and watch your vids no matter what direction you go in. But I would venture to say that you get more likes with that format. I personally vote for the more humor thing:good2:Its the guy that's different that will get the attention and be recognized.
    Just sayin... ...........:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Post Great Post x 1
  17. Kenbo

First name:
    Ken

• Like Like x 2
    • Way Cool Way Cool x 1
  18. Kenbo

First name:
    Ken

• Way Cool Way Cool x 4
  19. woodtickgreg

First name:
    Greg
    That was a cool one kenn.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Kenbo

First name:
    Ken

Thanks Greg. It was a fun one to cut as well.

Current Time: 2:56 PM