One way coring system

Courtland

Reaction score
First name
Courtland
I have the one way firing system for my 16 inch lathe actually my new lathe! But I do not have the knive or cutter part for it does anyone have some used ones for sell!

Schroedc

Still making sawdust, Maybe make some money....
Reaction score
First name
Colin
I don't have any spares but one suggestion, give one-way a call, occasionally they do have some scratch and dent stuff.

Courtland

Reaction score
First name
Courtland
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Great idea I called what I believe to be the company’s main office or something but no luck

Schroedc

Still making sawdust, Maybe make some money....
Reaction score
First name
Colin
Great idea I called what I believe to be the company’s main office or something but no luck

Figured it was worth a shot, I was able to replace a single knife for my set after someone bent it.

Jay B. Turnin

Reaction score
First name
jay
I am considering the purchase of a coring system and wonder if you have any insight on the one-way vs McNaughton for a 20" swing powermatic 3520b lathe?

Courtland

Reaction score
First name
Courtland
I have the mcnughton. It is harder to use but you can get a lot more different shapes cores out of it. The one way is just one shape of perfect half circle but it is way easier to use. I bought mine and don’t ever use it I thought I was gonna get some use out of it but really never did.

Last edited by a moderator:

Courtland

Reaction score
First name
Courtland
Ya I guess I would sell it. One of the knifes is bent on it so would need to be heated and moved back to the place but you can always just buy new knifes for it too.

Jay B. Turnin

Reaction score
First name
jay
I'd appreciate it although I suspect I will use it once and put it in the shelf as well. I found the system online and it looks like there is a standard set with 3 knives and a combo kit with 5 knives. Do you have the 3 knife set with one of them bent? How much would you want for it (of course I'll pay whatever the shipping is in addition). Thanks courtland, jay b.

Courtland

Reaction score
First name
Courtland
It is the 3 large knifes. I don’t have the 2 small ones. I would sell it to you for 300. Sence it is used and one knife will have to be repaired. They sell for 390. Before shipping.

Courtland

Reaction score
First name
Courtland
Witch I thought I bought it for more but I just looked it up online and craft supplies is selling the set I have for that. They sell the knifes separate so if you wanted the small knifes You could get them.

Jay B. Turnin

Reaction score
First name
jay
Thanks courtland but I suspect like you I might use it once and then put it on the shelf so thanks for the offer and communication but I'm going to hold off.