Otterhound

Otterhound

WB Enthusiast
Banned
Reaction score
First name
Richard
I am guessing that you may see more of Otterhound in the near future . Wood is in my past , present and future . I live in a colonial era hewn log house and I harvest and deal in domestic wood . I also dabble in luthery . Am looking forward to contributing to this site .
Oh yes , my real name is Richard Eyman and I currently live in a small town called Manheim , Pa .

TimR

Sawdust Engineer
Reaction score
First name
Tim
Welcome Richard. There are a couple guys here who dabble in instrument making, take a look at that subforum too.

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Richard, Welcome from South Texas! Tony

Gdurfey

Reaction score
First name
Garry
Welcome Richard from the wild (maybe not) west. you home sounds incredible; love watching Barnwood Builders and the homes they restore.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Howdy Richard, welcome to the club....

FranklinWorkshops

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Welcome Richard. As Eric mentioned, I'm down in the corner of PA near Newark, Delaware. I've been to Manheim several times and it's about 90 minutes from me.
Glad to have you part of the group.

Otterhound

WB Enthusiast
Banned
Reaction score
First name
Richard
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Welcome Richard. As Eric mentioned, I'm down in the corner of PA near Newark, Delaware. I've been to Manheim several times and it's about 90 minutes from me.
Glad to have you part of the group.
What brought you to this out of the way town ? I've been down Rt41 a few times .

DKMD

Sawbones
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
David
Welcome! Love the luthier pics too!

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Manheim, between Mt. Joy and Hempfield...should be "high" up on my list of places to visit. Sure I have already done so at one time. Welcome to WB... Any steam rollers in town, they'd sure be cool a few weeks ago.

Patrude

Reaction score
First name
Rich
Welcome from Taunton Massachusetts, like to see some timber you're working with. Hope you enjoy the site

Otterhound

WB Enthusiast
Banned
Reaction score
First name
Richard
Manheim, between Mt. Joy and Hempfield...should be "high" up on my list of places to visit. Sure I have already done so at one time. Welcome to WB... Any steam rollers in town, they'd sure be cool a few weeks ago.
You are welcome here any time , but Manheim isn't between Mount Joy and Hempfield . It's east of both . Salunga is between Mount Joy and Hempfield .

Otterhound

WB Enthusiast
Banned
Reaction score
First name
Richard
Welcome from Taunton Massachusetts, like to see some timber you're working with. Hope you enjoy the site
I am currently cutting Norway Spruce into quarter sawn blanks to use in book matched solid body guitars . My avatar pic shows a Walnut log that I am still using sections of . I currently have about 10 lifetimes worth of wood here .