panel glue-up helpers

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Since I started making cutting boards I've struggled with keeping the "panels" flat when I clamp them up. There are some store-bought solutions that clamp pressure on all 4 sides, but they're expensive and take up a lot of space. This is what I came up with. Went and bought some angle steel and all-thread, drilled some holes and cut the all-thread to length. I probably should add some fender washers but haven't yet. Hope this helps somebody! Tony 20160611_155154.jpg 20160611_155925.jpg

woodman6415

Reaction score
First name
wendell
Tony ... No problem ... Went to a great demo this morning at one of the club members open shop ... Got lots of pics and vids will be posting later

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Are you a member of a club here or there?

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Cool idea. :good2:

Would you be able to substitute the top nuts for a much larger wingnut? Then you could make it "tool-less"...

woodman6415

Reaction score
First name
wendell
Tony ... Member of hill country turners ... Meet in Kerville ... A couple of guys are members of both ... I should but that's a pretty good haul for me ...

NeilYeag

Reaction score
First name
Neil
Great tip, I usually futz around with a couple of loose boards, try to hold them in place move around get other clamps on them ect. Never though just to put a bold through them....