Pardon my USPS Rant!

rocky1

Creator of Shavings and Sawdust!
Reaction score
First name
Rocky
Well they are at it again!! Having just recently taken 13 days to get my turning tools from Courtland in Colorado, it seems the good ole USPS has struck again...

E-Bay Merchandise: It's a little bitty item, 3/4" diameter x 2 1/2" long, small padded envelope.

USPS said:
Delivery package 2 of 2
Guaranteed delivery: Tuesday, Apr 9, 2019

✓ Shipping info received

✓ In transit

Delivered

Time and date Place Message

Friday, Apr 12, 2019 11:55 PM JACKSONVILLE , FL ARRIVE USPS FACILITY

Friday, Apr 12, 2019 2:05 PM JACKSONVILLE , FL DEPART USPS FACILITY

Friday, Apr 12, 2019 8:36 AM JACKSONVILLE , FL PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY

Wednesday, Apr 10, 2019 11:20 PM ATLANTA , GA PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY

Wednesday, Apr 10, 2019 1:20 PM ATLANTA , GA PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY

Wednesday, Apr 10, 2019 12:05 PM ATLANTA , GA ORIGIN ACCEPTANCE

Monday, Apr 8, 2019 5:13 PM ATLANTA , GA SHIPMENT RECEIVED ACCEPTANCE PENDING

Sunday, Apr 7, 2019 9:39 PM ATLANTA , GA PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT USPS AWAITS ITEM

Sunday, Apr 7, 2019 7:50 AM ATLANTA , GA SHIPPING LBL CREATED USPS AWAITS ITEM

:headscratch2:

Order was submitted Saturday night 4/6/18...

Package was scanned going into the Post Office 5 pm Monday. That's understandable.

Where it took them until Noon on Wednesday to accept it? :unknown::unknown::unknown:

Processed through the facility an hour and fifteen minutes later. :good:

Then again 10 hours later! :whatever: :whatever::whatever:

After which it takes 36 hours to make the 6 hour drive from Atlanta to Jacksonville.

Arrived Jacksonville - 8:36 am Friday, departed 5 1/2 hours later. :good:

Arrives in Jacksonville AGAIN, 9 hours later. :redcard: :punish:

Could be wrong, but I'm pretty damned sure the Pony Express could have got it here faster!

This not to mention, E-Bay says I have 2 of them coming, gives me identical screwed up tracking info on both of them, two different tracking numbers. E-Bay says I paid for them both, but PayPal says I only paid for one.

They're doing better than Palmetto State Armory however, that order was placed a day earlier and hasn't shipped yet!

Last edited:

FranklinWorkshops

Reaction score
First name
Larry
I've had two issues with Amazon Prime shipping within the last month. One was never delivered although the tracking said it was. The second item was supposed to be delivered on April 6 and it's not yet here. Tracking finally showed that it was lost in transit. Got my money back on both items but I needed the items.

ThomasT

uncle toms place
Reaction score
First name
Thomas
Hello Rocky,

That is why all charges are going up at the USPS....:sick: it's that excellent service that just cost more money, surely you can see that..:taunt:

You have a great day now-u-hear,
ThomasT:cool:

Herb G.

Reaction score
First name
Herb
Receiving a package & accepting it are 2 different things.
I have had problems for years at my local PO, and then I made friends with my neighbor who is a supervisor
at that exact PO. She explained it to me that they can have a package in their custody for weeks (literally)
before they "accept" it. It can sit in a bin until they do an "initial scan of origin" on it.

There's a lot of stuff (mostly politics) that goes on behind the scenes at a PO for sure.
I can't explain all the ins & outs of the PO in a post here, but suffice it to say they have their hierarchy & nobody better step on anyone's feet there.

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Our post office lady who we dealt with for 10 years was great. She just laughed at all the boxes we brought in and helped us learn ropes of international sh.
She retired and the old b!tch that replaced her told us she did not want us dropping so many boxes off. Wellll, ok. We go elsewhere. Nice to have a job you dont have to do.

Eric Rorabaugh

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Eric
I can't believe she actually said that! WTH is up with some people? "Ok here's your paycheck. Hopefully next week you won't have anyone come in and won't have to do anything and still get a check." REALLY!? Don't bring so many boxes? No wonder the USPS has been losing $$$!

rocky1

Reaction score
First name
Rocky
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, I think UPS might have topped USPS the other day. Kid that works for us, just recently proposed; girlfriend picked out the ring she wanted on-line at Zales Jewelers, he ordered it, was shipped UPS, lost tracking on it for a day or two, I explained it was bounced to another carrier, then it popped back up, then it was delayed another day for whatever reason.

Needless to say he's getting a wee bit anxious. Wednesday we're pulling into a bee yard, he's on his cell phone as usual, when he said "Oh #*@&!!!" I looked over and asked what was up. He said, "They just delivered the ring... There's no one home." I asked, "Well where exactly did they leave it, if no one is home?" He replied, "On the front porch!" As he was dialing his mother at work, since step-sister was not answering her phone.

Mom was tied up at work, step-sister has a new number and was out of town, he's getting seriously nervous about this problem, asked what was on our agenda for the remainder of the afternoon. So I told him, he was going home and save his ring! Which got a big "Thank You!" out of him. Seems UPS left a pair of boots on the neighbors porch a few weeks back, and they weren't there when the neighbor came home.

When he got home, the package was not even on the front porch... Oh no, the UPS man left the package from Zales Jewelers, little ring box, in a large envelope, on top of the mailbox, out beside the road.

sprucegum

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Seems like when it works it works. I have had packages arrive in perfect condition almost over night and I have had them totally trashed and late. Worst one I recall was a handgun that I sold on gunbroker and priority mailed by a local dealer to a dealer in Arizona. After 3 weeks of it not showing up we put in a $600 insurance claim, they found it in the Tucson post office which I understand was under renovation at the time.

sprucegum

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Well, I think UPS might have topped USPS the other day. Kid that works for us, just recently proposed; girlfriend picked out the ring she wanted on-line at Zales Jewelers, he ordered it, was shipped UPS, lost tracking on it for a day or two, I explained it was bounced to another carrier, then it popped back up, then it was delayed another day for whatever reason.

Needless to say he's getting a wee bit anxious. Wednesday we're pulling into a bee yard, he's on his cell phone as usual, when he said "Oh #*@&!!!" I looked over and asked what was up. He said, "They just delivered the ring... There's no one home." I asked, "Well where exactly did they leave it, if no one is home?" He replied, "On the front porch!" As he was dialing his mother at work, since step-sister was not answering her phone.

Mom was tied up at work, step-sister has a new number and was out of town, he's getting seriously nervous about this problem, asked what was on our agenda for the remainder of the afternoon. So I told him, he was going home and save his ring! Which got a big "Thank You!" out of him. Seems UPS left a pair of boots on the neighbors porch a few weeks back, and they weren't there when the neighbor came home.

When he got home, the package was not even on the front porch... Oh no, the UPS man left the package from Zales Jewelers, little ring box, in a large envelope, on top of the mailbox, out beside the road.

We have a sign on our porch door asking that all deliveries be place inside the door. Thursday my almost $600 worth of cabinet hardware came including 2 finished maple lazy Susan's the dumb ass left the whole mess on the step under the eves in the rain. Lucky my wife drove in as he was leaving and no harm was done. UPS has a tough time filling vacancies around here. A young friend went to work there, he said around 20 people showed up for the initial interview. The interviewer first announced that they require criminal background check and drug screening, all but my friend and one other applicant got up and walked out. Both were hired, my friend quit after just a couple of months. Seems that they give the new drivers the oldest trucks and the hardest routs (to be expected) then demand that the rout be covered in a 8 hour day. He found himself getting a butt chewing almost daily for not completing his rout on time.

sprucegum

Reaction score
First name
Dave

We have a sign on our porch door asking that all deliveries be place inside the door. Thursday my almost $600 worth of cabinet hardware came including 2 finished maple lazy Susan's the dumb ass left the whole mess on the step under the eves in the rain. Lucky my wife drove in as he was leaving and no harm was done. UPS has a tough time filling vacancies around here. A young friend went to work there, he said around 20 people showed up for the initial interview. The interviewer first announced that they require criminal background check and drug screening, all but my friend and one other applicant got up and walked out. Both were hired, my friend quit after just a couple of months. Seems that they give the new drivers the oldest trucks and the hardest routs (to be expected) then demand that the rout be covered in a 8 hour day. He found himself getting a butt chewing almost daily for not completing his rout on time.

rocky1

Reaction score
First name
Rocky
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
UPS guy in ND was great about setting stuff inside. Gave me a bunch of signature sticky notes to paste on the wall in the entry, so he could leave packages that required signature. Fed Ex was the one I had issues with up there. Would without fail leave stuff on the front porch, and I seldom used the front door. Tried everything to get them to drop packages in the entry. Ordered a Craftsman toolbox, put in notes for shipper, "Please drop item in entry on west side of house." I came home and it's sitting in the middle of my living room. Which considering the weather at the time, that was better than the front porch! Finally got the Fed Ex guy trained, he bid into a different route. Back to the same bat guana!

UPS guys that deliver out here ALL have that big brown box truck to the floor ALL THE TIME! Doesn't matter who's driving. It is absolutely insane that the engine stays together in it, it's turning about 9 grand every time they pull out of any place. Usually sounds like a 737 coming in for a landing when they stop.

ThomasT

uncle toms place
Reaction score
First name
Thomas
Hello everyone,

UPS and Fedex are both pretty good out here in the country considering how far we are from any city of any size. Drivers are almost always friendly and polite. From time to time Fedex will get too busy and have a substitute driver show up in a rental truck. Several weeks ago I had an expensive and fragile item delivered to me via Fedex and it was one of the substitute drivers. The outside of the package was pretty rough looking, so I told the guy that I wanted to open the package before signing for it. He told me that I could NOT do that, so I told him to load it back on his truck and that I was refusing the shipment. He then told me that I could NOT refuse the shipment and that he would leave it sitting on my driveway.

Oh he should not have said that to me. Fedex has a distribution center in Lufkin ( the closest town to me) and I have their number and know the manager. I told the driver "great" leave it right there and started to give him the big Cheesier Cat grin.....:). After about 30 seconds and his befuddled look, he asked me to sign for the package.....still grinning I told him to get the **** off my property and I was going to call the Lufkin manager and have him come pick up this package. Now red-faced and smoke coming out of his collar he told me "oh I was just kidding, go ahead and open up that package.....uh I was only kidding".

Turned out that my item was inside a smaller box packed inside the larger shipping box and it was OK.

Have a great day,

ThomasT