ENDED, Pen planks +

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
@Gardnaaa

4 curly white ash, 5/8" heavy by 10" long
6 buggy W. ash, 3/4" by 6"
4 Tualang, 5/8" by 5.5" (clear finish on one side)
1 black walnut, 1 & 7/8" wide by 1 & 7/16" thick by 10.25" long
1 A. sycamore, 3/4 by 6?"
1 black walnut, 1 & 3/4" by 3.75" long (stopper / egg blank)
1 Frijolillo (some figure, ribbon & curl), 1 & 1/8" by 15/16" by 8.75" long
+ 1 short, Cordia americana (sapwood, not pictured)

They all fit a padded USPS flat rate envelope, asking, trade for something I lack in my wood collection, Christmas ornament, other something or $20 shipped. Being Woodbarter, or best offer.

012.JPG 011.JPG

Last edited:

Leroy Blue

Reaction score
First name
Boyd
Mr. Peet,
What is your FBI most wanted - Top 3.
Should theses Fugitives of your collection
be considered limed and dangerous?
What high reward might be offered for the capture and safe delivery of these allusive oddities of nature into your hands.

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mr. Peet,
What is your FBI most wanted - Top 3.
Should theses Fugitives of your collection
be considered limed and dangerous?
What high reward might be offered for the capture and safe delivery of these allusive oddities of nature into your hands.

Love your response. Well, most are not allusive oddities. Many are stepped over, kicked to the side and thrown on the fire by WB members all the time. Its one of those, in my yard, can't be special. There have been a few dozen woods on here I've jumped at and members say will do, and it just does not happen as life gets in the way.

As for reward, similar thing. Do I have something common to me but not you? Great question.

Leroy Blue

Reaction score
First name
Boyd
Ok so there’s no big reward waiting to be claimed. I should have figured this out by your last offering. Mr. Peet it’s just my humble opinion but you need to jazz up your bait to draw in these allusive fugitives.
Maybe a small bagful of Magic Beans or some coupons cut from your Sunday paper?
Is you wanted list posted somewhere? I have looked at the post office and the county library there’s a lot of list but not yours.
If your low on magic beans I have plenty to share from an earlier cow trade.

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Ok so there’s no big reward waiting to be claimed. I should have figured this out by your last offering. Mr. Peet it’s just my humble opinion but you need to jazz up your bait to draw in these allusive fugitives.
Is you wanted list posted somewhere? I have looked at the post office and the county library there’s a lot of list but not yours.

Keep me in the loop, thanks.

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark

So, it bothered me some, thinking about your last post. No, no big reward. Lots of little rewards, however sometimes the little things can mean a lot. My last offering, I guess it was poor, unimpressive, not flashy. Well. how many others on this sight send you items and ask for payment after it is in hand and satisfactory? I try to please all. I often have O.B.O listed, or best offer as barter is after all, the name of the site indirectly. Magic beans, I think of the movie Brother's Grimm. Again, point of view, what you have as magic beans might just be lima beans (kidney, etc) to others. I see a lot of very common woods up for trade and sale on this sight. Sometimes with very attractive grain patterns and orientation. Yes, some offers are magic beans to some, and again, not to others. So my last offerings, Katsura, Frijolillo, Japanese hornbeam, olive grained white ash, Persian walnut root, white ash root, Hinoki cypress, Triangalo, Juneberry, yep, just beans, but rarely offered on this site, but still just beans. I offered grey birch burl before, no one had interest. It was magic beans to me, but not anyone else. So again, perspective. Kevin would not allow my list to be posted for favoritism reasons. I've shared it with a few dozen WB members over the years as they had requested in a PM, or as I offered when asked. I can do so with you if you like.

So, what was your cow trade? Not sure if you are being positive or negative. What are your beans? If it was with a member on this site, I was not aware. We strive for family values and if something is not well, we try to amend such. Was it with me? Is there something we can do, something I can do? Let us know.

Leroy Blue

Reaction score
First name
Boyd
Mr.Peet
It’s taken me most of the day to get this genie back in his lamp .
If he implied anything that was beneath family values or most of all caused you any pain or concern I do apologize. A long trip to the woodshed is to good for him!
Mr.Peet your a cornerstone of WB and a good man who should not be bothered by such foolishness.
You have my word on it Mr.Peet the genie will never bother you again!

Last edited:

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Mr.Peet
It’s taken me most of the day to get this genie back in his lamp .
If he implied anything that was beneath family values or most of all caused you any pain or concern I do apologize. A long trip to the woodshed is to good for him!
Mr.Peet your a cornerstone of WB and a good man who should not be bothered by such foolishness.
You have my word on it Mr.Peet the genie will never bother you again!

Thanks Boyd,

Its just that without seeing the one speaking, and simply reading words, the inflection is lost and the meaning can be easily twisted. I was not sure if I was following your train of thought, and I just lost it in a tunnel of wonder. Have a great day.

M.R. Peet

Leroy Blue

Reaction score
First name
Boyd
Well said sir often forgotten that we are not face to face. I will filter my future post with this in mind.
Leroy

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
@Mr. Peet remind me did you need a shoestring acacia sample

Don't have goats, beef cows and chickens indirectly. Shoestring, Acacia stenophylla, also called River cooba among other names. I lack a 1/4 sawn sample. My flatsawn sample has just a sliver of sapwood and a few bug holes. A second flatsawn sample with a good bit of sapwood could be nice. A pith sample could be nice.

Let me know, I think there was a few other species we discussed too.

vegas urban lumber

Reaction score
First name
trev
Don't have goats, beef cows and chickens indirectly. Shoestring, Acacia stenophylla, also called River cooba among other names. I lack a 1/4 sawn sample. My flatsawn sample has just a sliver of sapwood and a few bug holes. A second flatsawn sample with a good bit of sapwood could be nice. A pith sample could be nice.

Let me know, I think there was a few other species we discussed too.
i am going to cut some of the shoestring acacia next week i'll round those up for you

Leroy Blue

Reaction score
First name
Boyd
i think @Leroy Blue 's jest may have gotten your goat

Hey Vegas- Down here in Georgia taking a mans goat is considered a high crime an punishment is given swiftly especially if caught in the act. The reason is Goats are considered delicacies we fatten them up and serve them at holidays and special occasions. Other live stock is raised for profit and not for groceries.
Proper Goat is served barbecued and it’s cooked very slowly by professionals.
A professional barbecuer is a respected occupation taking years of training to develop the respect of cash paying customers.
Most Professional Barbecuers only have a first name and there place of business never has a sign but can be recognized as a very old house with no front or back door.

vegas urban lumber

Reaction score
First name
trev
Hey Vegas- Down here in Georgia taking a mans goat is considered a high crime an punishment is given swiftly especially if caught in the act. The reason is Goats are considered delicacies we fatten them up and serve them at holidays and special occasions. Other live stock is raised for profit and not for groceries.
Proper Goat is served barbecued and it’s cooked very slowly by professionals.
A professional barbecuer is a respected occupation taking years of training to develop the respect of cash paying customers.
Most Professional Barbecuers only have a first name and there place of business never has a sign but can be recognized as a very old house with no front or back door.
i suppose the appropriate question within this forum then would be.....

what type of WOOD is the goat bbq'd over

Leroy Blue

Reaction score
First name
Boyd
i suppose the appropriate question within this forum then would be.....

what type of WOOD is the goat bbq'd over

Our PB name is Bzellum his father name was Azellum and I just barely remember him.
My father told me you don’t ask about barbecuers names you just appreciate there craft. I always thought it might have been a Bible name but we don’t ask about such things because we do fear the hickory.
The hickory so happens to be the prefered heat generating wood for barbecuing goats and warming up britches. Shagbark and Shellbark Hickory’s can both do the job.
We haven’t herd or seen him yet but we been on the look out for Czellum.

vegas urban lumber

Reaction score
First name
trev
Our PB name is Bzellum his father name was Azellum and I just barely remember him.
My father told me you don’t ask about barbecuers names you just appreciate there craft. I always thought it might have been a Bible name but we don’t ask about such things because we do fear the hickory.
The hickory so happens to be the prefered heat generating wood for barbecuing goats and warming up britches. Shagbark and Shellbark Hickory’s can both do the job.
well i'll be, ZZellum

vegas urban lumber

Reaction score
First name
trev
i'll bet you fill the heads of your children and or grandchildren with all sorts of wild notions and things to ponder