Pewa Patches

Brandon Sloan

Reaction score
First name
Brandon
I had a bowl that was a perfect candidate for a pewa patch. One of the moderators over at the AAW website, Emiliano Archaval, does some really cool pieces that incorporate pewa patches. So who better to ask, I sent him a private message asking for some tips and he sent me a link to a website that he buys all of his supplies from. The website has a how to video and all the supplies needed. He also added that he would be happy to help me with any questions I have going forward. He said if I wanted to watch him in action, he was doing a live demo on August 1st.

I just wanted to share with the WB community in case anyone is interested in Calabashes or Pewa patches. The cost is $10 and you can sign up at https://www.hawaiiankoaturner.com/remote-demos/

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
Thanks Brandon. Link for the supplier? I know I got it from Emiliano before, but can't find it.

Additionally, FEI (For everyone's info), sounds like the AAW may be putting together a page of everyone offering live remote demos. Most seem to be charging $10. If when they put it together, I'll try to remember to post link/info here. That, or more likely, some other AAW member will post it before I think to do it.

Graybeard

Reaction score
First name
David
There certainly are a lot of interactive demo showing up. I hope someone will develop a listing. I'm sure they will, the demand is there.