Dismiss Notice
Woodbarter has upgraded to HTTPS. Please see click here for all the details.

Pics for @Tony and all my other south Texas friends and a blessing for a Happy Happy New Year to All

Discussion in 'Kenbo's Chat Room' started by Clay3063, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Clay3063

Clay3063 I'm a cantankerous old man, and I know it. Full Member Thread Starter

First name:
    Clay
    Well we have turned the page on another chapter in our life's story. 2018 is history and 2019 is now here. From our house to yours, we pray God's richest blessings on each and every one of you and may His Shalom be the central part of your lives in the coming year! - Clay

PS - These are the pics I wanted to share with @Tony and the other Texas boys. LOL. We had a blizzard of sorts on New Years eve and day. About 8 inches total though it was hard to gauge because of the blowing drifts. At least it wasn't the 15 inches they predicted. LOL! IMG_0845.JPG IMG_0844.JPG IMG_0843.JPG IMG_0842.JPG IMG_0843.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Way Cool Way Cool x 2
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  2. Karl_TN

Karl_TN Member Full Member

First name:
    Karl
    Here's hoping god gives you another great year with your ministry work. Btw, how are they handling the cold?

3. Clay3063

First name:
    Clay
    Thank you Karl. The cold is brutal on them. We were buying tents and sleeping bags and such but the police destroy them as fast as they find where they are camping. So for now, we just supply blankets and clothes and a warm fresh homemade meal every morning.

• Sincere Sincere x 2
  4. Karl_TN

Karl_TN Member Full Member

First name:
    Karl
    Not too sure about the Northern Texans getting by unscathed:

https://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/discussions/hpcdiscussions.php?disc=pmdspd

...As precipitation increases across Texas, the north end of this precipitation shield will produce snow and freezing rain. Ice will be a particular hazard for Central Texas northward into Oklahoma on Wednesday night and into Thursday. Furthermore, snow will also be impacting these regions--with as much as 6 inches possible along portions of the Red River Valley.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tony

Tony Hardwood Enthusiast Staff Member Global Moderator Full Member

First name:
    Tony
    God's blessing on you and yours Clay. You can keep that white poison there my friend! Tony

• Sincere Sincere x 1
  6. woodtickgreg

woodtickgreg scroll, flat, spin Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator Founding Member Full Member

First name:
    Greg
    The snow looks like fun to me, but I feel for the people living on the streets.
    May God bless you for what you do for them.

• Sincere Sincere x 2
  7. Lou Currier

Lou Currier Member Full Member

First name:
    Lou
    8” too much :scare3:...good to hear from you @Clay3063

• Sincere Sincere x 1
  8. Clay3063

First name:
    Clay
    Greg, we worry constantly about the temps right now. It was 1 degree above with a 15 below windchill yesterday and is 4 degrees this morning. So far we can confidently say that we are better than the USPS about getting our goods out to the folks regardless of weather conditions. Even as I type, there is a pot full of meaty goodness simmering on the stove and tortillas are warming on the griddle. We'll head back down the hill in a couple hours and deliver our wares to those in need. Thank you for all your kind words and support brother.
    - Clay

• Way Cool Way Cool x 2
  9. Clay3063

First name:
    Clay
    LOL. Better than the 15 they predicted so I won't complain too much. I've been lurking off and on but mostly too busy to stay online for any length of time. The last two weeks we've been in Texas and will be back around the end of January as our grandchild population is about to double with the coming of twins due Feb 1. My grandson Mason T. is about to become a big brother to two little boys and his mother has already begun to take on the 1000 yard stare. LOL!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Gdurfey

Gdurfey Member Full Member

First name:
    Garry
    Clay, i'm from the Colorado Springs are and we pretty much missed this last storm except for wind and cold. Sounded as though you were hammered and your pictures prove it. Yikes.......

• Like Like x 1
  11. Clay3063

First name:
    Clay
    Yes sir. I am just happy it didn't get as bad as they predicted... 15" is what they said. Closer to 8-10" was what we got. Have to meet up sometime. I get up that way pretty regular.

• Like Like x 1
Current Time: 7:32 PM