♫ εηdεd ♫ Plastic Model Cars

Bean_counter

Reaction score
First name
Michael
I have a lot of plastic Model cars that I'm looking to get rid of. There are a range of vintage tooling and newer tooling kits here. Would like to sell as a lot but open to individual sales as well. We are moving and don't want to take with me. PrIce depends on the kit and shipping on the size
Of the kit as well. Some of the kits are larger. Most are sealed or open with sealed parts. I'll let you know condition before you buy.
IMG_1276.JPG

IMG_1277.JPG

IMG_1278.JPG

IMG_1279.JPG

IMG_1280.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

rocky1

Creator of Shavings and Sawdust!
Reaction score
First name
Rocky
Who buys model cars and don't put them together???? Dude!?

You know, if you want to collect pictures of old cars, there is better ways!

rocky1

Reaction score
First name
Rocky
Well I can understand taking the deal, but just piling them up in the closet? The fun is in assembling them rascals!!

Sorta grew out of that over the years; I used to have a bunch of them. Last one I built was a semi, Pete Conventional with Trailer, 1/16th scale as best I recall. Got way carried away on that one... I painted all the numbers on the guages, painted all the trim on the upholstery, (we're talking paint brush with about 6 hairs in it to get that fine a brush stroke), had a matching paint job on tractor and trailer. It was all black and gold and chrome. Everyone would oooh and aaah when they saw it on the self, and I'd tell them to look in the cab, and jaws would drop every time. Don't know how many times my sanity was questioned over that damn truck!

Then I built the working V8 engine with spark plugs that fired and all, worked on that POS for months sanding and polishing and fitting, and it ran for 20 seconds twice I believe it was, and the 3rd. time I hit the key on it, it twisted the gear off the bottom of the distributor shaft.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
How much for the circled ones? Pm coming in,

20170627_234356.jpg

kweinert

Reaction score
First name
Ken
Looks like there's two of those Internationals.

I didn't see one but do you by chance have a 1970 IH pickup?

That was my first vehicle and while I don't have the knowledge, patience, or money to get a real one I could probably swing a plastic one :)

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Looks like there's two of those Internationals.

I didn't see one but do you by chance have a 1970 IH pickup?

That was my first vehicle and while I don't have the knowledge, patience, or money to get a real one I could probably swing a plastic one :)

I asked him Ken, he didn't have any pickups. My first was a 1975 one ton, was the best vehicle I've ever owned. Tony

Chris S.

Reaction score
First name
Chris
How much for the semi on the top left corner kit? Can I get a pic of the front of the box to see exactly what it is?

rocky1

Reaction score
First name
Rocky
:lol2::lol2::lol2:

I had a '71 Camaro, grocery getter, little 307 w/2 barrel in it. Neighbor up the road bought a '68 Camaro from the local stock car shop. Seems someone had a motor built, didn't come across with the money, they dropped it in the camaro, and sold it. Never did figure out why he bought it to begin with, but he decided it was too much, and wanted to swap me titles straight up. Tried my damnedest to talk my old man into that deal, but he wouldn't let me. Probably a good thing!! Wasn't but one car in town could out run it. Kid that bought it was racing someone with it one weekend, snapped a torsion bar when he left the line, things got reeeeally ugly!!

Bigdrowdy1

Reaction score
First name
Rodney
Micheal , how much for the 72 Chevy Fleetside? upper left hand corner. Have a late Uncle and every time I see that pickup I think of him. I would like to get it in his memory and see if I can put one together now without having extra parts!

:cowboy:
Rodney

Side note - I had a 68 fire bird big block 400 sporting a holly 850 dual pumper with turbo 400 tranny . I was a gas hog but then again it was the fastest car I every had. Went through tires like fire on snow!! Oh yea I got a bunch of tickets with it. Almost lost my DL.

Last edited:

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Never had a camaro. But i wanted a few...

Bean_counter

Reaction score
First name
Michael
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
How much for the semi on the top left corner kit? Can I get a pic of the front of the box to see exactly what it is?
Hey Chris sorrrybi didn’t know I had a response here. I’ll take a pic so you can see it. I do know it’s a Pete

Bean_counter

Reaction score
First name
Michael
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Micheal , how much for the 72 Chevy Fleetside? upper left hand corner. Have a late Uncle and every time I see that pickup I think of him. I would like to get it in his memory and see if I can put one together now without having extra parts!

:cowboy:
Rodney

Side note - I had a 68 fire bird big block 400 sporting a holly 850 dual pumper with turbo 400 tranny . I was a gas hog but then again it was the fastest car I every had. Went through tires like fire on snow!! Oh yea I got a bunch of tickets with it. Almost lost my DL.

Rodney sorry didn’t know anyone responded to this thread. That one sold quick sorry man! Tony’s fault