Positive Pressure Respirator

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Ok, let’s talk lung protection if you please. I’ve been wearing a 3m respirator for years and I’m looking to go next level. I’d like to protect my face and lungs at the same time lol. I’ve now also moved to making metal objects on a metal lathe so that just adds to my concern for lung protection.

I’ve always held back because of cost and because of neck and headache issues. I can’t have all the weight of the self contained units on my neck and the straps of even the 3M unit I currently wear can cause headaches. I really need something similar in design to my face shield from Bionic. I can wear that all day with no issues.

Do any of you have recommendations? There seem to be a few systems out there and lots of praises and complaints for them all. The difficult thing is not being able to put my hands on them easily to try them out.

Thanks in advance for any and all input.
Scott has a special on SCBA units, $2,400 for either the 35 or 4500 cylinder. Get 30-40 minutes on a cylinder. Stallion has a deal on filling stations, $6,000 for the small unit....

GeorgeS

Reaction score
First name
George
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you everyone. This pretty much confirms my original though. I will save up some money and look for a unit with a belt worn pump system. I can’t handle the weight on my neck. Thank
You all so much!

GeorgeS

Reaction score
First name
George
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have the 3M Versaflo which is expensive but nice.
I have a friend who gets employee discounts from Sherwin Williams. I’m going to see if I can purchase through them with his discount. Should save me a few bucks.

TimR

Sawdust Engineer
Reaction score
First name
Tim
The M200 would be most appropriate. My kit came with the M300 helmet/faceshield which is a bit of overkill with about an extra 1/2 lb penalty over the M200. Even so, the M300 is comfortable to wear and I would choose again unless I could get the M200 cheaper.

0B49476A-3CC4-4FA6-8FC5-9F0FA2182C85.jpeg

Johnlee

Reaction score
First name
John
I have the 3m versaflo. I love it. I can use it all day with no problems. Best money I ever spent. I did try the trend, to heavy and noisey.