• A New Photo Gallery Has Been Added!!! Please share pictures of your finished projects in the New Photo Gallery for everyone to enjoy browsing. The New Photo Gallery is for FINISHED PROJECTS ONLY!! The New Photo Gallery section was created to give people a place to view photos without having to read through all the threads. Enjoy everyone and please contribute!

Postage price increase

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
Read today the price of a 1st class stamp is going up to 58 cents soon. Wonder if they'll increase the package rates as well.

Lou Currier

Reaction score
First name
Lou
Go to the PO before the change and get a bunch of "forever" stamps and save some money. The "foreve" stamps can be used at any postage rate. I still have some that I purchased and use when rates were $0.38.

FranklinWorkshops

Reaction score
First name
Larry
The package rates were increased back in January so they may not go up right now. We will see. Increase will take effect Aug 29th.

Last edited:

sprucegum

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Well I bought a post office last month, they need to keep making money so they can pay me the rent. Pay up guys old Dave needs the money. :sofa:

sprucegum

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Small world, Dave. My brother owns a building in NC and leases it to the Post Office. I suppose a lot of this is done.
They own very few, most are leased. It's not a get rich quick deal but it pays more than bank interest and way better tenants than most. Pretty much a triple net lease they pay taxes, utilities, and most of the maintenance.

sprucegum

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Grizzly raised prices about 20% across the board last month. Not really a problem, they have nothing in stock.
I needed a part for my mill so I checked the Hudson website and it was out of stock. I called a dealer that is about an hour away and he had what I needed. He said that I was lucky that he answered his phone because it rings all day long, people looking to buy mills and he has none. He always has a demo mill in his yard that he does his own sawing with didn't even have that.

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Small world, Dave. My brother owns a building in NC and leases it to the Post Office. I suppose a lot of this is done.
Sister's husband owns a post office with his brother, inherited 30 years ago. It would have been way cheaper if the USPS bought and built their own.

barry richardson

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Barry
They own very few, most are leased. It's not a get rich quick deal but it pays more than bank interest and way better tenants than most. Pretty much a triple net lease they pay taxes, utilities, and most of the maintenance.
Do they call the landlord when they have.maintenance problems?

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
My next door neighbors have owned the building the post office is in in Hermiston. Been in their family for generations.