PPBeetle curly maple CLOSED

pvwoodcrafts

Reaction score
First name
Mike
I had some on top of my stack that the screen didn't cover. Beetles loved it. Mostly clear. Air dried 10 years. 4/4 to 12'long. Free if you come pick up. approx 100 bd ft

pvwoodcrafts

Reaction score
First name
Mike
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Its stacked outside beside my pile. will be getting wet if someone doesn't want it. Its still rough so it would have to be planed to get pics. I assure you its very good figure

Bigg081

Connoisseur of Man Glitter
Reaction score
First name
Shane
Are you willing to cut up for game board boxes? I live to far to make the drive but will pay for the shipping and your time.

Wildthings

ASTROS '23 ALCS CHAMPIONS runnerup
Reaction score
First name
Barry
Lets see Beach City, TX to Garrett County, MD.....hmmmmmm......take Interstate 45 north then go.......

Are you willing to cut up for game board boxes? I live to far to make the drive but will pay for the shipping and your time.
Me too

Girk

Reaction score
First name
Gary
I'll send you a box of quarter sawn sycamore in exchange for a box of maple. I think the sycamore I milled last winter is now dry enough to use. Let me know is this works for you.

Sycamore 11-14-21.JPG

pvwoodcrafts

Reaction score
First name
Mike
OK guys. I may have someone offering to come pick it up. If it falls through I'll let you know

pvwoodcrafts

Reaction score
First name
Mike
OK. JLTibbetts has offered to let fellow woodnetters have first dibs and will take the leftovers. If it quits snowing I'll dig it out and start packing gameboxes

pvwoodcrafts

Reaction score
First name
Mike
Brought it down and planed it. Started cutting it up. Stuff is trash. inside full of tracks. You don't want it. Its only good for fire

whitewaterjay

Reaction score
First name
Jason
I had some on top of my stack that the screen didn't cover. Beetles loved it. Mostly clear. Air dried 10 years. 4/4 to 12'long. Free if you come pick up. approx 100 bd ft
Is there some condition or particular setup that the powder post beetles like so that I can avoid it with my air dried stacks?

Sorry you lost this beautiful wood to the wood burner

pvwoodcrafts

Reaction score
First name
Mike
I treat my airdried stacks with Bora care. The buggers like the maple better than anything else I have. I have nylon screen from the paper mill that I use around my stacks. The beetles only got into the top 4 layers that werent covered on the sides. I have metal roofs on all my stacks. The top layers also had a few cherry boards in them but the beetles didn't touch them. I been collecting wood for over 25 years. Have my own dry kiln but since I quit custom cabinet work I don't use so much wood. I have 3 buildings full of KD stock but just don't have anywhere to store any more so it sits on airdried stacks. Some of it has been on stick for 20 years