• A New Photo Gallery Has Been Added!!! Please share pictures of your finished projects in the New Photo Gallery for everyone to enjoy browsing. The New Photo Gallery is for FINISHED PROJECTS ONLY!! The New Photo Gallery section was created to give people a place to view photos without having to read through all the threads. Enjoy everyone and please contribute!

PPBeetle curly maple CLOSED

Wildthings

ASTROS 2021 WORLD CHAMPIONS runner-ups
Reaction score
First name
Barry
I treat my airdried stacks with Bora care. The buggers like the maple better than anything else I have. I have nylon screen from the paper mill that I use around my stacks. The beetles only got into the top 4 layers that werent covered on the sides. I have metal roofs on all my stacks. The top layers also had a few cherry boards in them but the beetles didn't touch them. I been collecting wood for over 25 years. Have my own dry kiln but since I quit custom cabinet work I don't use so much wood. I have 3 buildings full of KD stock but just don't have anywhere to store any more so it sits on airdried stacks. Some of it has been on stick for 20 years
you do know none of this is true without pictures