Question about coal...

rocky1

Creator of Shavings and Sawdust!
Reaction score
First name
Rocky
How many coal blanks you want Marc? Boys sent/brought me 2 -5 gallon pails of crushed coal back from ND! Considering what I got out of that little bit you sent, I should have coal blanks coming out my ears down here when I start casting them!! :rofl:

Sprung

Amateur Sawdust Maker
Reaction score
First name
Matt
How many coal blanks you want Marc? Boys sent/brought me 2 -5 gallon pails of crushed coal back from ND! Considering what I got out of that little bit you sent, I should have coal blanks coming out my ears down here when I start casting them!! :rofl:

Shoot, if you do any casting with that, I wouldn't mind buying or trading for a few of them blanks!

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
I'll take a few solid ones. No tube....
Maybe even a bottle stopper size blank?

rocky1

Reaction score
First name
Rocky
Shoot, if you do any casting with that, I wouldn't mind buying or trading for a few of them blanks!

I'll take a few solid ones. No tube....
Maybe even a bottle stopper size blank?

You're on guys!! Was already thinking of doing some bottle stopper size blanks, need to turn a few goodies and send back to my coal supplier! As stated earlier he works in the coal yard at the plant, asked if I needed chunks or dust or what. Buddy told him, I had ground the last stuff, and he said I've got a great big pile of coal that's already ground, so that's what he sent. Not sure how fine it is, but it isn't going to take much to finish it, if I have to do anything to it.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Very cool. Sounds great!

rocky1

Reaction score
First name
Rocky
I'm hoping it's not ground real fine, would like to have a little bigger chunks for bottle stoppers and such, than I wound up with on the pen blanks. Not a lot bigger, but big enough they're obvious.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
right...if it's like talcum powder I don't think that would be as mesmerizing...

rocky1

Reaction score
First name
Rocky
NO... it's not that fine. Just not sure how fine it is. Need to run down and grab the buckets and take a look at it.