Question Of The Week... (2014 End of Year) CONTEST!!!!

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Did you mean:
gladys celosse

claudius cells

No results containing all your search terms were found.

Your search - cladeus celloussii - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

• Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
  • Try different keywords.
  • Try more general keywords.
  • Try fewer keywords.
Lol

I meant what I said. Not all knowledge has yet been gobbled up by the interpediawebnet.com/org-biz

:nodice:

duncsuss

Trying to turn a little better each day
Reaction score
First name
Duncan
I would say you can't have multiple guesses but since they're both wrong it's okay. :sarcastic:
If you're not going to let us change a guess, why throw out hints?

Just askin' ...

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
If you're not going to let us change a guess, why throw out hints?

Just askin' ...

You can change your guess take another stab as many as you want. There's only an hour 20 left . . . . .

:ok:

duncsuss

Reaction score
First name
Duncan
... ... ... ... <drumroll> ... ... ... ...

SENC

Reaction score
First name
Henry
I reckon it will be a while, Dunc and Mike You know how the Irish are the morning after an excuse to drink.
The Pogues - The Wild Rover:

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Mike you're smarter than I thought I got to stop calling you a dunderhead behind your back. Intermet been out all morning and no one to complain to because they closed for the holiday I guess. Anyway we back on line someone down here in Texas must be able to climb towers in arctic weather - couldn't pay me enough.

Let's see what were we talking about? Oh yeah y'all want to know what kind of wood Woody is holding. Let's just say that these people got it right and will receive a piece of the wood (not from that board I have no idea where it ended up or maybe I still have it who knows):

@Mike1950
@eaglea1
@Tclem
@Tom Smart
Michele (No shoes for you ya sassy little thang)

There be ye winners. All of whom correctly guessed snakewood. Instead of re-typing the explanation of why I chose SW over Ck I'll just paste my explanation to Marc in a PM:

Snakewood. I wanted something that had lots of color contrast for the logo and you just can't convey that with CK, or any curly wood for that matter in a PNG format. Heck photos can't even capture curl very well but snakewood can. :hi:

It's our secret don't slip. :secret:

Y'all who are wondering who Michele is she is Marc's wife. Here's why she also won because after I told Marc what it was this was his reply:

God doggit....michele said snakewood! :sarcastic:

Thanks....

One last thing. All you-uns that guessed Curly Koa, if you had guessed snakewood I woulda had to send you some, so it's only fair that since you guessed CK you have to send me some. Just saying.

Happy New Year and congrats to the winners!!!!!!

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Dam, I was SO close!!!! Pine looks just like snakewood, the two are interchangeable! Oh well..........:wacko:

Tclem

Can't buy love. Buy wood instead
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Wooooo hoooooo that means I'm as smart as @Mike1950 yrah baby send me my wood.

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Tony not a problem I'll get your blank on the way. I been meaning to ask you anyway, what is the exotic wood toothpick market like these days?

Tclem

Reaction score
First name
Tony
Tony not a problem I'll get your blank on the way. I been meaning to ask you anyway, what is the exotic wood toothpick market like these days?
As long as it is dense enough to turn small. Lots of burls ( even stabilized) do t work. My main sellers are black wood and snakewood. Other than that if it is dense. It works.

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
As long as it is dense enough to turn small. Lots of burls ( even stabilized) do t work. My main sellers are black wood and snakewood. Other than that if it is dense. It works.

Did you read my question thoroughly? I didn't ask about hairsticks. You aren't getting a hairstick blank . . . .

:lol:

duncsuss

Reaction score
First name
Duncan
Congratulations to the winners :good:

@Kevin , I have to ask: What does cladeus celloussii mean? I was hoping it was pig-latin for "the stuff they use to make the back of a cello" (hence my guess of fiddleback maple)

SENC

Reaction score
First name
Henry
Did you read my question thoroughly? I didn't ask about hairsticks. You aren't getting a hairstick blank . . . .

Tony does better with pictures.

IMG_20150101_124414.jpg

Last edited:

Tclem

Reaction score
First name
Tony

Ahhhh well you know me I can't type and I can't read. Lol but I hear you. Hey I'll sell tooth picks to all those people in Texas. Anywhere else it would be teeth picks :lol::lol::lol:

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
I sorta cheated as you Know Kevin- I remembered. Thanks it was fun.

That's not cheating. There were no caveats and a good memory needs to be rewarded. Especially for :old: timers that all they have left is a little memory and a hitch in their get-along . . . .

:sofa:

:chase: