ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
If you were to write a book on making woodcrafts, woodworking, turning, or box making ect. ect... what would it be about?
And what's the title of it?

:drinks:

**Rules**
There is no minimum post requirement, but I could change it.
Primates, woodticks and leprechauns are welcome to post an answer.
And of course the :old: and you too...

justallan

Reaction score
First name
allan
If you were to write a book on making woodcrafts, woodworking, turning, or box making ect. ect... what would it be about? About a half a page long.
And what's the title of it? Things to do with wood in less than 2 minutes (Other than sex)

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
My first thought is the title should be "So many projects, so little time" When I think about a topic it is really hard to choose or give advice because there is no perfect answer to wood working. Everyone does it differently and in there own way with what they have and in the shops or work area that they have available at the time. Maybe the title should be "Working wood with what you have" Or "The life long journey of wood working" All of these titles are what it has been for me.
And then there's the thought "The frugal wood worker" It could be about finding wood and tools, restoring old used tools and where to look for them. And about the fact that wood is free! It's everywhere if you know where to look and aren't afraid to put a little work into getting and processing it.
I guess if I was to wright a book it should be about the journey of wood working and the love of the craft. It's not about being perfect, or an expert at anything, or wether or not you have done something text book correct. It seems like an expensive hobby or craft but it can also be done with very little expense for tools wood and supplies. If a person enjoys the craft they will find a way to do it with very little funds. When I first started wood working I never imagined it would be a life long journey, I have learned so much and there is so much more to learn yet.

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Mine would be a picture book titled
"What I wish I could build". Tony

Schroedc

Still making sawdust, Maybe make some money....
Reaction score
First name
Colin
Burn it all and take up knitting, tales from a man who knows.

:sarcastic:

I'll have to give it some serious thought, I've had a couple ideas in my head.....

Tclem

Can't buy love. Buy wood instead
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Everything he knows about women- That is it- just a title- this man was born with his foot in his mouth..... :hide:
I've been told that once or thrice

DKMD

Sawbones
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
David
I'd write a humorous book entitled Wet Wood, Crotch Feather, and Other Woodturning Terms That are Fun to Say in Public