Dismiss Notice
Woodbarter has upgraded to HTTPS. Please see click here for all the details.

Question Of The Week... ( 2017 Week 42)

Discussion in 'Contests, Swaps, Giveaways, Member Meetups etc.' started by ripjack13, Oct 15, 2017.

1. CWS

CWS Member Full Member

First name:
    Curt
    Nice looking logs Ralph. Looks like you have the same model plastic John Deere that I have.

2. Ralph Muhs

Ralph Muhs Member Full Member

First name:
    Ralph
    One would think John Deere would not use plastic! A limb fell and poked a hole in the hood. Within a couple of years it vibrated apart. A new one? $2000 or more. Will do without

3. CWS

CWS Member Full Member

First name:
    Curt
    i had a limb fall on mine and feel the way.

4. Ralph Muhs

Ralph Muhs Member Full Member

First name:
    Ralph
    Lumber from one tree. Enough to complete my whittling, carving, turning workshop room. Let it dry through the winter and use it in the spring or summer.

046F9736-C23A-4D78-81C4-83BE55B256DB.jpeg

• Way Cool Way Cool x 2
  5. woodtickgreg

woodtickgreg scroll, flat, spin Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator Founding Member Full Member

First name:
    Greg
    Wow, what a great looking pile of lumber!

6. rocky1

rocky1 Creator of Shavings and Sawdust! Full Member

First name:
    Rocky
    Know how you guys feel with the hoods on green tractors. Have a 2001 JD 5105, plastic side panel on the radiator broke, 18" x 24" little stamped mesh metal panel 8" x 18" - it was $165. Son works for John Deere in ND, asked him if he could get it any cheaper. Said time I paid shipping on it to him, and then down here, I wouldn't save enough to make it worth the hassle. And, as grumpy as Deere gets about selling outside the dealer's territory he didn't want to listen to them bitch. Said they sold someone a part 120 miles away and you'd have thought the world was coming to an end.

Hood on mine is fiberglass, someone ran into something with it before I bought it, hole in right front corner of the hood about 3"x3" where it ripped a chunk out. $800 for the hood last time I looked. Thought about picking up a fiberglass repair kit and fixing it, but they'll want $250 - $300 for enough paint to paint the hood.

7. Schroedc

Schroedc Trying to kick a nasy sawdust habbit.... Staff Member Global Moderator Full Member

First name:
    Colin
    Can't believe I missed this question.

Lately I've been picking up pieces of vintage furniture that's beyond salvage and reclaiming the wood. Just bought six mission style chairs (of course none of them match) for 2.00 each and took them apart for the old quarter sawn white oak. Not long ago too apart a dresser for the solid birds eye maple top and drawer fronts that was from the late 1800's. Did buy one chair I was going to take apart until I saw the Stickley label, that one I'll try to use period lumber to fix the two broken legs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Way Cool Way Cool x 1
  8. ripjack13

ripjack13 ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator Full Member Thread Starter

First name:
    Marc
Current Time: 6:41 PM