ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
What are your New Years woodworking/shop related resolutions?

:drinks:
**Rules**
There is no minimum post requirement,
primates, woodticks and leprechauns are welcome to post an answer.
And of course the :old: and the doc too...

Sprung

Amateur Sawdust Maker
Reaction score
First name
Matt
I don't make New Year's resolutions. But this next year I do plan to spend more time in the shop, build some things I've been wanting to build for a while but haven't yet, and restore some more of the old iron I've purchased. Some of the tools are in current use (Delta 14" bandsaw and Sprunger 15" drill press), some are in the process of being restored, and some aren't usable until they've been restored.

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Older ya get the more singular minded about New year resolutions ya get. Just want to make it to the next one.... Makes it easy to remember for :old: when it is always the same... Happy new Year to all!!!

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Finish paying off a dental bill so I can cut back my hours at work and get my shop cleaned up so I can actually use it. Metal shop needs the same so I can make tools again.

rocky1

Creator of Shavings and Sawdust!
Reaction score
First name
Rocky
Yep me too!

Feel dirty, like a politician should feel, after making all those promises/resolutions every year/campaign season and never keeping any of them!

CWS

Reaction score
First name
Curt
Well last year my resolution was to have my shop as clean and neat as @kembo by Jan. 1, 2019. I made great progress at different times during the year, but now I know it was a stupid resolution. This year I resolve to sleep more and buy more wood. I think I can handle that.:old:

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Well last year my resolution was to have my shop as clean and neat as @kembo by Jan. 1, 2019. I made great progress at different times during the year, but now I know it was a stupid resolution. This year I resolve to sleep more and buy more wood. I think I can handle that.:old:
Curt, I think I can speak for all of us in saying we will help you buy more wood in 2019.

Blueglass

Reaction score
First name
Les
And the lie detector test determined... that was a lie.

Schroedc

Trying to kick a nasy sawdust habbit....
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Colin
I resolve to find a way to keep the shop so I don't have to go get a real job again......

Herb G.

Reaction score
First name
Herb
I need to get off my duff, get down in the dungeon, and clean up a ton (well, more like 2-3 tons)
of crap so I can clean up the living room. Then my wife will get off my butt about having wood stuff
strewn all over the house. All my Dad's crap is still down there, and it's depressing as hell going
down there & going thru it. Deciding what to keep & what to throw out or donate is hard enough.
Having to do it to your Dad's stuff makes it that much harder.

kweinert

Reaction score
First name
Ken
Try to expand the types of projects I do. Then, maybe, try to work on one aspect of one of those types of projects so the outcome is better.

For example: I've done one model (the firetruck) and I see things that I could/should have done differently. Now I have 3 projects to pick from - work on one of those and try to improve the areas that didn't work out as well as I liked in the first project.

Or maybe try feature segments in a segmented bowl.

That sort of thing.

Wildthings

ASTROS 2019 WORLD CHAMPION VIDEO PLAYERS
Reaction score
First name
Barry
To get caught up on my bird taxidermy so I can concentrate on knife making and woodworking. I have a brand new 2" x 72" knife grinder still in the box..been there for 2 1/2 years now. This is going to happen soon. I gotta PLAN!

Tclem

Can't buy love. Buy wood instead
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Learn to make hairsticks

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I....am going to clean my shop and rearrange it so I can work in it.
:blush:
I'm going to learn how to carve things.
I'm going to either set up my rockwell lathe or sell it. Not sure.
And some other things too.....

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
It must be a thing you can catch Marc because I decided yesterday that's my plan as well. Clean out and reorganize because I'm at the point now where it is necessary if I'm going to do any work out there......