ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Do you wear a carpenter’s apron or a shop apron, (one that covers one’s entire front) when you are doing any woodwork inside your shop?

:drinks:

**Rules**
There is no minimum post requirement,
primates, woodticks, wood spinners, and leprechauns are welcome to post an answer.
And of course the :old: and the doc too....

Wildthings

ASTROS '23 ALCS CHAMPIONS runnerup
Reaction score
First name
Barry
Nope don't own one. But need to. Wear one while doing taxidermy but for a whole different reason.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Yup, I have my old favorite blue denim shop apron. I've had it since the early 70's. It's an old Montgomery wards shop apron with a pocket on the chest for a pencil and such. The tie strings wore out on it so I replaced them with some strings from my home depo days apron. So now I have the vintage Montgomery ward blue denim apron with bright orange tie strings. I wear it all the time in the shop, gluing, finishing, and sometimes turning.

CWS

Reaction score
First name
Curt
I do not use a shop apron around the shop, but I do wear an apron when I wash dishes.

Chris Geeo

Reaction score
First name
Christopher
I do. Depending on what I'm doing. Have 2 cloth ones made from old drop cloths from my painting career days. Currently waiting on a traded for (labor) light weight leather apron, geared towards lathe work with a elastic type neck hole, from a leather worker buddy.

Tom Smart

Reaction score
First name
Tom
No shop apron, but I do have turning smock to try to keep the shavings from going down my shirt and the CA off my clothes. It’s too late for many of my sweatshirts for the latter.

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
i have a leather one that I use when running TS- just in case- a huge long lasting bruise to right hip taught me it is wise to think ahead....

David Hill

I collect & use Texas woods---but prefer Mesquite.
Reaction score
Cuero, Texas--Not far from the Third Coast
First name
David
Nope, but I do have a coupl’a Shopsmith aprons— were ok...... but so blasted hot.
For shopwear it’s T shirts, preferably with a snug neck that I buy from clearance racks— no guilt when too dirty/can’t clean.

rocky1

Creator of Shavings and Sawdust!
Reaction score
First name
Rocky
Nope don't wear an apron in the shop, or in the kitchen. Never have never will!