ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't know if Brink has two wood shops, but I do. So which one?

(I have one in the garage and one in the basement.)

Both....

Sprung

Amateur Sawdust Maker
Reaction score
First name
Matt

Basement shop - Probably my Taig MicroLathe. I've only recently, finally, started to use it. It's opening up some good possibilities for me. I'm finding that, as I get deeper and deeper into woodworking, that having at least some basic metal working skills is a good tangential skill to have.

Garage shop - There's not much in there that isn't a woodworking tool. So I'll go with various hand tools - wrenches, sockets, wiring tools, etc - they allow me to properly maintain my tools and to also restore vintage machines to put to work in my shop.

kweinert

Reaction score
First name
Ken
I usually have music on. I can't listen to anything that requires concentration, so no podcasts out there. That's the same reason I don't listen to audio books anywhere. On the one hand I read faster than people talk in those things and on the other hand I find it difficult to actually pay attention to those things.

DKMD

Sawbones
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
David
Bluetooth speakers... I like to listen to podcasts when I’m in the shop.

Blueglass

Reaction score
First name
Les
I am experiencing jealousy right now. 2 shops $#@%^* you guys. I am still dragging a workmate bench outside. To be fair I am moving back to the Keys soon and will have a shop there, so psyched.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
I just got one of those Lagunas, my shop isn't big enough to set it up yet because the garage is too filled with my husband and son's stuff. It's great to see one in action. So I guess my favorite thing right now is my Laguna Lathe box.
That's ok, I have a brand new rikon midi lathe still in the box.:blush::sorry: