phinds

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Paul
I'd like to be a full time turner, making a living selling my bowls. I'm pretty sure I would really enjoy that for a least the first two weeks. Then it would be a job and I'd be pissed off and want to do something else.

So then, I'd like to make a living identifying wood. I'm pretty sure I would really enjoy that for a least the first two weeks. Then it would be a job and I'd be pissed off and want to do something else.

So ... I think I'll keep it as a hobby.

Gdurfey

Reaction score
First name
Garry
Yep, agree with many of you and is why I don't "try" to sell more pens (not that mine are saleable). But I don't want to have to come home and make x pens for a delivery due at the end of the week. Some of you have that great skill.

I also can't get into milling as that would require a move from Colorado. I don't have the selection of woods. I have friends and relatives in NW Arkansas, central Missouri, Iowa as well as lived/traveled VA, PA, west VA, etc. I know places with good wood sources and have not even scratched the surface. Colorado is NOT one of them; but gee I love it here!!!! So...........

..... I want to be like Mike or Larry; they seem to have a pretty good gigs, at least from this side of the key board. Pulling for you Allan!!! Want to see you succeed as with others on here. Barry, you are amazing......keep that mind stimulated!!

Tclem

Can't buy love. Buy wood instead
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Stealing stabilized burl blanks from people’s shop