ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
What is your one favorite wood "project" you have made yourself?

:drinks:

**Rules**
There is no minimum post requirement,
primates, woodticks, wood spinners, and leprechauns are welcome to post an answer.
Still no avatar yet!?

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
There has been many. Most I do not have anymore. The ex wife either has them or she destroyed them. Here's a few that I have pics of.
My most ambitious scroll saw project, destroyed.
woodworking and shop 024.JPG A scroll saw clock, broken but I still have the insert to make another one someday.
woodworking and shop 019.JPG My first segmented turning all made from scrap wood just to see if I could do it. I still have this one.
woodworking and shop 053.JPG A better segmented turning. I dont have this one anymore. It was the second segmented turning I did.
woodworking and shop 057.JPG My favorite black walnut kitchen farm table. She still has it, it wouldn't fit in my house so I left it.
woodworking and shop 006.JPG first hollowing tool I ever made, stainless steel, curly oak handle. I still have it and cherish it.
finished hollower 007.JPG finished hollower 008.JPG
These are just a few of my faves. I know it's more than one but I couldn't choose, lol. I guess if I had to it would be the scroll saw basket. It looked cool and was fun to make.

Last edited:

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I woulda made that table fit somehow....
:sarcastic:

Nathan W

Reaction score
First name
Nathan
Amazing bench

How
do you like that vise? There is a similar one for sale nearby for $110. 360* swivel with metal jaws on other end. Thought about making the treck to look at it. E44FADD7-4CD7-42B2-B1BD-CB24B7DAAC1B.jpeg I

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Amazing bench

How
do you like that vise? There is a similar one for sale nearby for $110. 360* swivel with metal jaws on other end. Thought about making the treck to look at it. View attachment 173725I
i like it for some things and plain front vice at other end works better for others. pictured one is missing dog but worth asking price if in good shape

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
My favorite is a cherry bookcase I made for my Mom. Completed it a couple of years ago. Joinery was all done by hand, and the raised panels were done with hand planes. Here is a picture of it in place in her living room. It has darkened nicely since this picture was taken.

bookcase in place_600x800.jpg

Lou Currier

Reaction score
First name
Lou
Many moons ago, probably my first real wood project, I made a headboard for my bed. I needed one that had a shelf to place things on and was just not finding what I want in the stores so I decided to make one out of 2x6 boards. Came out nice and it is just as sturdy today as it was the day I made it.

sorry no :foto:

Herb G.

Reaction score
First name
Herb
I can't say I have a favorite. But if I was forced to pick one, it'd be one of my cigar humidors.
Sorry, no pics.

Herb G.

Reaction score
First name
Herb
:redcard:I thought wood project descriptions without any pics was against the rules. :deal: :taunt:
No pics because I lost them in a fire years ago. My ex-wife set them on fire.... full of my expensive cigars.

Last edited: