ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
What are your New Years' woodworking related resolutions?
and, What new and different woodworking projects will you be working on this year with any new tools Santa gave you?

:drinks:

**Rules**
There is no minimum post requirement,
primates, woodticks, wood spinners, and leprechauns are welcome to post an answer.

Does anyone read this?

CWS

Reaction score
First name
Curt
I am going to spend more time in the shop. Santa didn't bring any new toy, but I think I have plenty.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Finish setting up the shop and getting it organized and operational.
First big project will be to build a new workbench. I'll be using the new Narex mortising chisels for that. I have a couple of whole ash logs milled to 10/4 that has been in my garage for at least 6 years that will be used for the new bench. I plan to make it very heavy, a tool trough down the middle of the bench, and incorporate both of the wood working vises I have into it. It will not have any drawers but will have a shelf to store the shop air cleaner and maybe some jigs.

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
Time! The most precious commodity! With more time in the shop, I can knock out more projects, from turnings, to game boards to cutting boards, to bookshelves, and more. Also have a fair amount of stuff I need to post here for sale. Chuck

T. Ben

Reaction score
First name
Troy
To keep learning and improving. I’ll be starting on making drawers/boxes as I acquire more tools.

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
No resolutions, why make them if you're just going to break them?

Will be doing more flatwork, got to catch up on promised projects. Of course, this after I drop a couple of trees to refresh/expand turning stock. Need to work on storage issues as well, including shop cabs and maybe a storage cab/stand for the lathe.

Sprung

Amateur Sawdust Maker
Reaction score
First name
Matt
I don't do resolutions, but I do have plans for the year ahead in regards to the shop. It'll start with getting shop set up. Then it'll hopefully involve a lot of furniture building. And some other projects along the way.

FranklinWorkshops

Reaction score
First name
Larry
I plan to keep reducing inventory of hardwoods and making items for my Etsy shop. Didn't get any tools for Christmas this year since I have too many already. Also plan to truly clean my shop so I'm not embarrassed to show it to anyone.

Eric Rorabaugh

Reaction score
First name
Eric
Yea right! I couldn't imagine having that thing. I'd probably have it setting on a shelf too. I'd be afraid I'd screw it up when I cut or turned it.